Jerchiz

Country flag
New to the Forum here.
I have a 2014 RC390 that I plan on building into a track bike so I got lots of questions.
First thing is exhaust system. I do have a
2021 Arrow indy race slip on that I was using on my 390adv. I'm thinking of welding up a stainless exhaust system and using that arrow muffler. My question is though will it be damaging to the engine if I get rid of the cat and that big heavy silencer box thing? Or keep the cat and just get rid of that big heavy kettle?
I do plan on getting a tuner eventually or is there a way around it like bring the bike to a ktm dealer to get re mapped?.

KTMLaos

Country flag
You can't ONLY do a cat delete on yours as the tea-pot is an all in 1 exhaust system.
Having checked out almost all optional exhaust and slip-on systems (and tried 2 ourselves) I reverted back to the tea-pot as this works best.
Saying this, the TYGA exhausts, however, seem to be the best value systems AND provide (dyno proven) more power.
Our single-cylinder engines need volume cans & systems that is why you lose power with shorties.
Welding together a pipe and hanging on some can will, in all likelihood, lose power.
If serious about racing/track days have a look at: http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1142_1246_1539&osCsid=ejdlh8828otf31t0ci0jh57hs7

Jerchiz

Country flag
OK I understand what you are saying. No shorty exhaust system with de cat done and remove tea pot.
I do like the looks of the TYGA setup However I am in New Zealand so it's easier, faster and cheaper for me to weld up my own system then ordering Tyga pipes from the USA. I would definitely consider ordering the silencer(s) from TYGA but looking at all the pipes linked together held by I'm guessing clamps and springs starting from the front of the bike, going under the engine, coming up behind your heel and stopping either at the passenger peg or under the seat and then hooking up to your silencer /muffler I just don't see the point in ordering that when I can just weld up a one piece stainless steel exhaust system that will look nicer than the multiple linked pipes by TYGA. Am I wrong to think this??.

Thanks very much for your reply it's much appreciated.

KTMLaos

Country flag
First of all, TYGA in not America based and this product is manufactured in Thailand.
Secondly, almost all the big names that make full exhaust systems lose power.
When you are highly skilled in exhaust design and construction, sure.