2015 vs 2016 RC 390 Cup

noamkrief

Hi everyone, glad to be here.
2 weeks ago I bought a 2016 RC 390 street version. Took it to the track yesterday and had so much fun with us (even though I crashed, probably because of that front suspension not rebounding quickly enough for very fast chicanes, but that's besides the point :p)

Anyway - so today I bought a RC 390 Cup bike which I will pick up in a few days but they only had 2015 but was assured it is identical to the 2016.

I believe the dealer, but that being said, it seems like the rumors of 15 vs 16 that KTM is all over the place with factory in India, and special spec for Europe etc... very confusing.

For the street version it seems like my 2016 street version should have a side mounted exhaust, throttle by wire, and slipper clutch.
It has exhaust on the right under the belly, slipper clutch i'm not sure, and throttle by wire i'm not sure either. So for the street version, in the USA - do I get throttle by wire and slipper clutch?

But to the real question - ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CUP 15 VS 16 THAT YOU KNOW OF?

Anyway - you guys all have amazing bikes - those 390s are a gift from god. After this, I don't know if I will be able to ever track my R6 again - the 390 is just too much fun on the track, (street too).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

mattonrc390

Recently bought a 15' CUP bike too, I believe there are minor differences that also reflect non-CUP 15 vs 16 (ie engine covers), but nothing CUP specific. Would appreciate some expert advice on this too.

silvrsled

Country flag
2016 cup bikes have slipper clutches. 2015 do not but can be added. The clutch kit is actually not too expensive.

jjtard

oh boy....the slipper or no slipper question... I just had my 2016 street RC reflashed with the Akra map. While I was at the dealership, the service mgr brought up that very same subject. He indicated AGAIN to me that my 2016 street version does have a slipper. Got laughed at on here about it....guess next step is to open the damn thing up and look for myself!!!:p Only way I can see to be certain with all the good/bad info on internet.

stevieboy

Country flag
I do not believe the street bike has a slipper clutch on either year. I am certain though that your dealer, like mine, has no clue about these bikes. I have gotten nothing but incorrect information about parts, service, and warranty.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The 2016 street RC and cup has the same clutch as the all the '15/16 250/390 duke(3 spring/3 ramp) vs the old 5 spring straight pressure plate in '15 RC and cup. Now with that being said it's a poor excuse, like most oem slippers for a "slipper''... It is not forgiving or adjustable like an aftermarket slipper. If you want a slipper buy the yoyodyne.

simpletty

Country flag
The 2016 street RC and cup has the same clutch as the all the '15/16 250/390 duke(3 spring/3 ramp) vs the old 5 spring straight pressure plate in '15 RC and cup. Now with that being said it's a poor excuse, like most oem slippers for a "slipper''... It is not forgiving or adjustable like an aftermarket slipper. If you want a slipper buy the yoyodyne.

Also, losing the ktm slipper at the ball at the stroke of midnight will not guarantee a prince will come looking for you.. A yoyodine, on the other hand. will guarantee results