2016 KTM RC 390 Center Triple Tree Bolt Loose!

AryanWinters

Country flag
Yesterday I was detailing my bike and I worked my way up to the triple tree and went to clean in between the center bolt on the triple tree and when I was cleaing the dirt around it the bolt started to turn, it was so loose that just cleaning it lightly with detailing wipe was enough to turn it. I have never touched the bolts on the triple tree so this bolt could have been that loose the entire time ive been riding it since getting it from the dealership

I decided to just take a socket and tighten it enough where I felt it was secure, I didn't realize it was torque specific and noticed after tightening it that there was a little bit of oil or lubricant around the base of the bolt. Im concerned that I might have messed something up by tightening it to much. I have a torque wrench and want to do it properly and just want to know what is the amount of torque I should apply (couldn't find anything about the triple tree in the manual) and should I also check beneath the triple tree to make sure nothing else is loose as well.

I'd really appriciate any help you guys can give as I was really concerned after realizing ive been riding a lot and that bolt has prop been really loose the entire time.

bacon

Country flag
I believe this is what you're looking for. It's in the manual just labeled weird.

Screw, Steering Head Top
M16×1.5
53 Nm (39.1 lbf ft)

Nut, Steering Head
M30x1
55 Nm (40.6 lbf ft)
2. Loosen (counterclockwise)
2 turns
5 Nm (3.7 lbf ft)

AryanWinters

Country flag
Thanks man I ended up finding it in the manual after searching over and over lol. I checked the steering head bearings as well and did the checks ari henning did in his video it ended up being find just the steering head screw was loose for some odd reason.