2017+ Closed Loop

mattv

Country flag
Installed a Rapid Bike Easy today to fix the closed loop AFR. Took 5 minutes to install, AFR went from around 14.5 to between 12.5 - 13+'ish. I have a powertronic to tune open loop. You simply turn a dial on the module from -3 to +3 to lean/richen the mixture.

Just wanted to throw this out there for anybody that has a 2017+ they intend to mod the intake/exhaust on .

Pes0001

Country flag
Installed a Rapid Bike Easy today to fix the closed loop AFR. Took 5 minutes to install, AFR went from around 14.5 to between 12.5 - 13+'ish. I have a powertronic to tune open loop. You simply turn a dial on the module from -3 to +3 to lean/richen the mixture.

Just wanted to throw this out there for anybody that has a 2017+ they intend to mod the intake/exhaust on .

Been looking into these as well. decided on the rapid bike evo (inbuilt Easy). Adding a second bung for a bosch wide band and using Innovate data logger. Already have one lying around. This way I can then map the RB Evo which ever way I want. The RB EVO exclusive for KTM RC390 Is less than $400.
Have got a TYGA exhaust all the way back to the mufflers. Adding my own mufflers as the maggots will probably be too loud. Do not really like the look of the serpent mufflers. (personal thing only).
Have run the bike in and taken a base line dyno run.. Will update as I progress.

mattv

Country flag
The PCV+WBC2 has no effect on closed loop fueling, only open loop.

I thought the bike was running lean when cruising in closed loop. The AFR was usually around 14.5. I've done a little more reading since then and am finding that 14.5 isn't lean, so I don't know what to think now =)

If somebody that knows what they're doing wants to pop in and edumacate me on AFR with regard to the RC 390, that'd be rad.

I just bought a new z650, so I'm taking a break from tinkering with the RC for now.

green_bread

Country flag
Interesting. I know on the Grom PCV, they have an extra connector on the WB2 output to simulate a narrowband signal off of what the WB is seeing. Youre able to feed that in to the ECU and your closed loop gets its readings from the WB. Then, there was basically a "Target AFR" setting for that, as well. Im kind of surprised there isnt something like that for the RC 390... I thought there was, but I could definitely be wrong.

EDIT: AHHH, that was with the Autotune...

https://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/h...ation-video-review.html?highlight=closed+loop

Tom

I thought HardRacing programs the WBC2 to control the fuel parameters being sent to the ecu via the low voltage wire. If this isnt true, then my plans fro this bike have just went down the toilet.

Solidwire

Country flag
I read the Hard Racing thread about the PCV and WBC2. If I understand correctly. You cannot just use the WBC2 to control closed loop without the addition of the PCV?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I read the Hard Racing thread about the PCV and WBC2. If I understand correctly. You cannot just use the WBC2 to control closed loop without the addition of the PCV?

In theory... you could do that.

But, you'd probably want the PCV to also be able to control the OPEN Loop as well...... and control Timing, and Quick Shifter, and Autotune Features....etc..

Karfanatik

Country flag
Question regarding this. I have a 2019 model, PCV with the usual mods. With this WBC2, is it always in a state of autotune or can I hook it up and have the bike dyno tuned by a local shop? Will they be able to have full control of fueling without the module reverting back to its autotuned map?

nongo

Country flag
I have a 2017 RC 390 with the following mods waiting in boxes:
  • Tyga Serpent Exhaust
  • Tyga Header
  • Gray Area air box with modified intake runner and no lid.
  • Gray Area oversized injector.
  • DNA Air Filter
I plan on running a piggyback ECU. I noticed Gray Area seems to favor the RapidBike (with auto tune). Hard Racing sells more options, but I would be looking at the PCV (with auto tune option). Then there is the PowerTronic (MAP based) tuner.
  1. Could a PowerTronic run okay with the above mods? Would it need additional tuning?
  2. PCV needs a separate module for auto tune, and another module for idle/part throttle operation. That is a lot of separate items and expense. Could this run well all together or will additional tuning be required?
  3. The RapidBike EVO seems to have auto tune already installed. The price looks more appealing than all of the PCV and accessory modules. Could this run without additional tuning?
I have heard great things about PowerTronics but they are from users. Not dealers. I was worried the Gray Area Air Box and Oversized Injector would be past the MAP levels.

Thank you for your help. I understand that my question or similar questions have been asked. I tried to look before posting.