2017 RC 390 PCV w/AT-200

ifindbombs

Country flag
I have gone through the last 3 years of posts and know that the subject of fuel controllers has been beat to death, but I haven’t been able to find an answer to my specific questions. Also, before anyone mentions it, I know about the Hard Racing wide band controller and have watched their video. However, that video is from 2015 and I’m not sure if that info being that old is still relevant. Also, I already have a standard AT-200 and I’m not really interested in replacing it. What do I need to do with the Stock O2 sensor? Do I leave it plugged in and zip tie it to the frame, or do I need to buy another part to put in its place? I have already began the install but have not completed it and put the bike back together. Also, this bike is just going to be a daily rider not a race bike, do I really need to worry about closed loop fuel control? As far as mods, I have the PCV with At-200, cat/muffler delete mid pipe, off brand slip on pipe (for now) and k&n air filter with open air box lid. I run premium pump fuel, usually 93 Octane in my area. My biggest concern is just not melting my top end by running it too lean. Am I alright with this setup or am I missing something major? Thanks in advance!

1JZSupra

Country flag
Howdy,
I have a 2016 duke with PCV, open lid air box, K&N filter, MIIV cat delete and exhaust installed. While I am not using the AT-200 or auto tuner I would imagine that you would need to maintain the factor O2 sensor. The factory computer is EXPECTING to see that O2 sensor signal and removing it or placing it outside of the exhaust might piss off the computer. I would imagine the correct setup would be to have an additional O2 sensor bung added, this would be the O2 wide band sensor for the PCV so that it can make seperate independant fuel adjustments.

ifindbombs

Country flag
Howdy,
I have a 2016 duke with PCV, open lid air box, K&N filter, MIIV cat delete and exhaust installed. While I am not using the AT-200 or auto tuner I would imagine that you would need to maintain the factor O2 sensor. The factory computer is EXPECTING to see that O2 sensor signal and removing it or placing it outside of the exhaust might piss off the computer. I would imagine the correct setup would be to have an additional O2 sensor bung added, this would be the O2 wide band sensor for the PCV so that it can make seperate independant fuel adjustments.

Thank you for the reply. I was afraid you were going to say that. I wish I had known of the WB2 before buying the AT-200. Short of just buying a WB2, is there something I can add in to add fuel in the closed loop? Is it something I need to worry about? How does your duke run with just the PCV?

1JZSupra

Country flag
Honestly, I have done lots of tuning on my PCV with no issues I datalog a lot of my runs using the torque app and a bluetooth adapter. I have a first gen so logging is no issue for mine. Then I review the log and adjust my map accordingly.

Jon W

Site Supporter
Country flag
I have PCV and a AT-200.
I removed the stock 02 sensor and ran it with nothing plugged in.

Pes0001

Country flag
Honestly, I have done lots of tuning on my PCV with no issues I datalog a lot of my runs using the torque app and a bluetooth adapter. I have a first gen so logging is no issue for mine. Then I review the log and adjust my map accordingly.
How are you logging your af ratio. I have been using innovate lm-2 datalogger with analog wideband AF sensor. This unit connects to obdii so i log the tp and rpm.. 2017 rc390.
I am wanting to use my torque pro to also log the af. Do i need to get a can converter for the af sensor.
Thanks

ifindbombs

Country flag
So, I tried running with the AT-200 and it’s ran fine at first. I rode it to work, about an hour away. Half county roads at about 60-70mph, it was great. However, in the afternoon on the way back I jumped on the freeway and it did fine until I got off on my exit. About 2 miles down the road, it threw a check engine light and died. I was able to stop and turn the key off and then on and it started right back up, but ran like shit the rest of the way home. It seemed to really have a hard time in 4th gear and below unless I kept the RPMs really high. It seemed to stutter a lot and had a really delayed throttle response. I tried to research a possible cause but have come up with nothing. I do not know what the engine light code is, I do not have any way to read it yet and every time I turn it off and let it sit for a little while it goes back to normal.

I have tried disconnecting the AT-200 and just running the PCV but it did the same thing after about 15 minutes. It seems to be that it runs fine as long as I don’t ride fast or in higher RPMs and gears, but if I get into 5th or 6th above 70ish, it stalls out as soon as I slow back down. Btw, I am using a map from Rottweiler Performance that is supposed to be for a full competition exhaust and open Airbox. I don’t have the sameexhaust they listed but similar in that it’s a factory header to a single mid pipe where the cat and presilencer use to be and then a open slipon that’s a knock off of a two brothers slip on. I plan to buy an Akropovic or Tyga slip on soon.

I am probably going to just order the WB2 from Hard Racing and swap it out with the AT-200 unless anyone has any other ideas. I need to order something to read the ecu, and get into data logging. Does anyone have any links for parts they are using to be able to do so? Specifically for the bluetooth option so I can use the Torque App.

Lastly, does anyone know who I can talk to at Hard Racing before I order the WB2? I just want to talk to someone that knows what’s up besides the sales rep to make sure the WB2 is the right way to go or if they think I need to look for something else.