2017 RC390 - Temp Gauge

CaliRobot

[FONT=&quot]Hi, Everyone.
I recently purchased a used 2017 KTM RC 390 at an amazing price with only 500+- miles.

With that said, I took it out in its first ride today. Five miles throughout the neighborhood, not exceeding over 25 mph in speed much at all during that time. For a couple city blocks I did take it on a main street or two.

None-the-less, my questions is this...
I notice the temp gauge on the display was at its max minus the last bar. Photo attached. The fan would kick on then it would lower by one bar, once the fan turned off, it would go right back up. That was the cycle for the last three miles of my ride. I was doing a lot of start and stopping, practicing my technique. Is that the norm for this bike? Or, should the temp gauge hold steady in the middle? It was early in the morning and the outside temperature was about 65-70 degrees.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Temp.jpg
[/FONT]

Corteasy

Sorry for the redundant post, i just searched the forum and found this topic has been discussed a multitude of times.

Ray Ray

Country flag
I recently purchased a used 2017 KTM RC 390 at an amazing price with only 500+- miles.

With that said, I took it out in its first ride today. Five miles throughout the neighborhood, not exceeding over 25 mph in speed much at all during that time. For a couple city blocks I did take it on a main street or two.

I notice the temp gauge on the display was at its max minus the last bar. Photo attached. The fan would kick on then it would lower by one bar, once the fan turned off, it would go right back up. That was the cycle for the last three miles of my ride. I was doing a lot of start and stopping, practicing my technique. Is that the norm for this bike? Or, should the temp gauge hold steady in the middle? It was early in the morning and the outside temperature was about 65-70 degrees.

View attachment 5466
[/FONT]
Hello

View attachment 5466
[/FONT]
Hello I recently purchased the same yr Ktm I noticed the temp also was HIGH Did you fix your problem did anybody respond to you give you any tips to pass along thank you