2019 Quick Throttle??

drc13

Country flag
Hi Everyone!

So I recently picked up a 2019 RC390 primarily as a track bike and after its first hit out I'm really happy with the choice.

One of the main issues I had out there though was quickly getting to WOTI really could have done with a quick twist throttle. In the past on bikes I've simply done the R6 throttle mod from what I can tell it isn't that simple on a 2019 RC390

I've seen a motionpro option but I'm not even sure if that works on this model so I'm hoping someone on here has done the same mod and can give me a heads up on the best way around it.

Thanks in advance

acruhl

Country flag
Yes I have the same question. Since it's an electronic throttle, I doubt any cable kit is going to work.

louis041

Country flag
Since its an electronic throttle then theoretically the throttle response could be adjusted through the ECU. I wonder if power commander or if Powertronic allow you to adjust the "given throttle position" vs "requested throttle position".

acruhl

Country flag
Yeah but that's not really the classic 1/4 turn throttle feel that a track rider would want. The throttle rotation is too much on the stock bike for the track. If it was possible to do what you say and also add in a new throttle stop, then that could work. I would be interested in that.

drc13

Country flag
Yeah unfortunately I'm yet to uncover anything further and have another track day on Saturday which will be full throttle a lot so RIP my wrist..

hamsandwich

Country flag
my current idea is to address the tps in a remap that makes 50% throttle turn give 100% open throttle at butterfly then put a stop screw or something in the throttle tube

drc13

Country flag
Yeah that makes sense, I wish something like a rapidbike evo offered that capability, and you're right even with a "software mod" we'd still need to address the physical stop of the twist.

I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't come up more for a bike that is so heavily tracked/raced