2022 Frame Sliders

Terzak

Country flag
Just picked up a 2022 RC390 and I'm trying to find a pair of frame sliders for when I inevitably drop it. Doesn't seem to be much aftermarket support for these yet though from what I can tell. Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just picked up a 2022 RC390 and I'm trying to find a pair of frame sliders for when I inevitably drop it. Doesn't seem to be much aftermarket support for these yet though from what I can tell. Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking?
You do NOT want frame sliders. Quick way to a bent frame. Frame sliders are ONLY safe when bolted only to motor mount locations. All frame slider kits either bolt to the frame, or hover over it. Any time I get a call or email asking if I have any frames available, I ask what frame sliders they were using... R&G is a frequent answer.

Axle sliders are a good idea. You can get ones for the rear, but with the new front end, I'm not aware of any for the front at this time.

I have carbon fiber with Kevlar backing protection for the case covers, and axle sliders. The ones for the front won't work, but can be used as a spare I guess. :)

http://formula390.com/parts.pl?D=protection

StuffinThings

Country flag
I wish someone made a descent crash cage for this thing. The KTM frame sliders have one pont on the engine and the other clamped on the frame, if that's okay

Terzak

Country flag
I ordered a set from R&G, they use the engine mounting hardware instead of just using the frame, also picked up some case protectors, bar end sliders, and front fork protectors

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I ordered a set from R&G, they use the engine mounting hardware instead of just using the frame, also picked up some case protectors, bar end sliders, and front fork protectors
Problem is, the R&G sliders still hover over the frame. In a hard crash, they still smack the frame. Every time I get a call from somebody asking if I happen to have any spare frames, my first question was "Which frame sliders were you using?" and most of the time, the answer is R&G. {shrug} Use them at your own peril.