Backmarker

I just finished removing the ABS system on my RC390, what a exercise in frustration!!!!!!! LOL
Happy Thanksgiving my American friends.

ArkansasDave

Thanks! Apparently I need more than 10 characters to post something so here is a long drawn out thank you for the helpful information, good thing I'm not a spamming robot.

OldVet

Thanks! Apparently I need more than 10 characters to post something so here is a long drawn out thank you for the helpful information, good thing I'm not a spamming robot.

Yeah that's a stupid requirement. I just keep putting ......... until I get the required number :rolleyes:

Backmarker

I use my bike for racing only, in one race I forgot to turn off the ABS and during the race it came on a couple of time, not good. So I removed it. I see no reason to remove it on a street bike.

Backmarker

Sorry I don't have any pics from when I removed my ABS, I will give you the condensed version, I removed the gas tank, battery and battery tray, also remove the rad. From here you will see the ABS. It's not a hard job, just time consuming. And it helps to have small hands.LOL
When you disconnect the ABS you will lose your speedometer and the ABS light will stay on. good luck.

psych0hans

Country flag
Uggggh. This is one of those small things that will bug the crap out of me. I thought there's a way to make it think everything is normal...
Instead of taking out the ABS module, just plug the holes with regular bolts instead of banjo bolts. Leave the unit plugged in and just switch to direct lines.

Fasteddy

Country flag
It takes some tech savvy but can be done, I have notes etc. and took readings / looked at waveforms with oscilloscope last time I had access to the ABS plug...

Old3

Country flag
I'm eyeballing this mod. Did you run a 90 end at the master, across in Front of the steering head and plastics, then down to the rear of the fork leg where the stock hose attached?

For the rear did you run around the forward end if the Swing arm?

36 does sound very long. I'll measure with rubber hose tomorrow. My R3 took a 30" line.

tecknojoe

Country flag
I'm eyeballing this mod. Did you run a 90 end at the master, across in Front of the steering head and plastics, then down to the rear of the fork leg where the stock hose attached?

For the rear did you run around the forward end if the Swing arm?

36 does sound very long. I'll measure with rubber hose tomorrow. My R3 took a 30" line.

Just look at the pics on the commonwealth website for the brake lines, it shows how to do all of it.

I just did this mod since I already have the motor out, and even then it was still a pain in the ass