Abs removal

simpletty

Country flag
So three hours ago i bravely decided that the abs needs to be gone before Fridays sessions. I had ordered new banjo bolts and coppers last week and they arrived so it was time.
Seat, tank, side fairings off. Tank, actually just moved aside, Battery out, and battery tray loose. Ignition coil removed, coolant overflow drained and removed. began with removal of the front lines first, then worked my way from the back caliper up. Abs pump removal was really not all that hard, three 10 mm bolts that were fairly easy to access the lh bolt was wide open, the front bolt was hidden under a relay that was attached with two 8mm bolts, removed one and loosened the other to push it sideways then removed that bolt. Used a 10mm open end wrench to remove the one on the right side, removed the connector and pop-out it came. Removed the abs sensors while i did the lines. Installed the rear line, matched up one from the original lines that was close,, just put a bit more of a bend in the side that bolts up to the caliper. routed it in the existing holders and attached it to the master and angled it slightly so i could zip tie it to the frame. The front hose was the same on that went from the front caliper to the abs module. I had already removed it, so if you are doing this mod, leave the front hose attached to the front caliper and just run the line to the master. Bled all the brakes and that was it, going to go for a quick rip before it hits the trailer tomorrow just to verify all is good. Did not see any bubbles when bleeding and the levers are rock solid. The existing lines work, the banjo kits cost me 7$ each and I already had fluid. It was not too bad, but i work on cars all day so this stuff is second nature to me. Ill post up some shots tomorrow