Akra map

micahpearlman

Ahh ok thanks, that makes sense. I'm going to ask my local dealer here in Beverly Hills to upload the Akra map for me next time I'm in since I eventually plan on getting a PCV too...I'm preparing myself for the look they're going to give me when I ask for it on my stock exhaust bike :)

I don't know about your Bev Hills dealer, but I haven't found a dealer in NorCal who will install the Akra map even though it is obviously a race only bike. Thank California Air Resource Board (CARB). Even if they do do it for you I wouldn't advertise on a public forum as it is illegal in CA for a street bike with big fines. Technically it is legal with a race only bike but every dealer I've spoken to said they would not even chance it.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I don't know about your Bev Hills dealer, but I haven't found a dealer in NorCal who will install the Akra map even though it is obviously a race only bike. Thank California Air Resource Board (CARB). Even if they do do it for you I wouldn't advertise on a public forum as it is illegal in CA for a street bike with big fines. Technically it is legal with a race only bike but every dealer I've spoken to said they would not even chance it.

Great... just what we needed! That's ANOTHER reason for Californians to move to Texas! :D

Guyhowdy

Gah, I knew it sounded too easy. I was already expecting a run around before even asking. So my options are basically keep the bike completely stock until I get a PCV and a ground up dyno tune?

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks Matt!

Looks like that sudden jump in power at 7k is smoothed out by the added power lower in the rev range. Probably takes some of the character out of the engine but makes for a better faster ride I bet. Sort of like VTEC, that 20-30HP jump at switch over is fun to drive but you can make more power having a smooth transition by changing the VTEC switch over point.

Chad is the Akro map what your PCv tunes are built on top of?
Yes because all my Pcv tunes are with a bike with a proper exhaust my bikes having the akra exhaust on them. Like I say I will be building a Pcv map for a stock bike with stock ktm map in it. I flash the akra map in ecu so I can remove the evap soleniod and raise the rev limit 250 and its a better starting point to "tune" over then trying to tune over the stock map for a bike with a full system installed.

RC390 Fan

Has anyone tried the Akra pipe without remapping? I only ask because I have the pipe and want to install it but my dealer cant schedule the remap "service" until next week. And I want to ride NOW! :)

RC390 Fan

So my local ktm dealer installed the Akra map today and they said they had to do it twice. Once for the "update" and then the akra map. Tech said they first got a "dead ecu" when they tried to install both at once. Hmm. Then the bike stalled on me twice while driving home.

It may be worth noting that this dealer sells ktm off road only, as in they dont sell ktm road bikes. Still they said they could do it no prob and they also gave me a great deal on the akra pipe. But this concerns me a bit.

Also doesnt seem like the rev limit went up at all. Seems to be cutting at 10k even.