Anyone willing to risk small bucks on these cheap chinese Rearsets?

Ryanthegreat1

I like those a lot. Heel plates look solid and there appears to be some adjustability in lever ratios.

Anyone have a link to buy these outside of aliexpress? Apparently they are a "broker" and WA state does not allow purchases from online brokers. WTF?

aj@x

As long as actual fitment is accurate then there is not alot that can go wrong really. I mean when comparing them to the bajaj units on these bikes i'd say these chinese rearsets would have to be of slightly better quality at the very least.

I am not sure anyone can beat a price like these are selling for. Just a bit of advice though, be sure you can get parts for them. Unless of course if you never drop the bike or fall over. parillaguy

psych0hans

Country flag
I am not sure anyone can beat a price like these are selling for. Just a bit of advice though, be sure you can get parts for them. Unless of course if you never drop the bike or fall over. parillaguy

Well, at that price you could always buy a second pair, just for spares...

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Well, at that price you could always buy a second pair, just for spares...
That price is insanely low. I couldn't even get the material and hardware for that price, much less the CNC time... Not to mention the tooling wear and anodization. I'm pretty familiar with outsourcing and labor rates in China. These days you're looking at about $4/hr for skilled labor over there.

If you do buy a set, I'd say that's the ONLY way to go with buying more than one full set so you do have a chance of having spares... Who knows how long that seller will have those parts, or if parts purchased later on would be compatible with what you already purchased... Or, buy from a reputable source which WILL have spares later on for when/if you did throw your bike down the road. Albeit for slightly higher costs.

SCUBA

I installed the brake portion today. Didn't have my rear stand with me to do the left side. Everything seems fine. Kind of a nightmare of installing and removing stuff because it doesn't come with any instructions. I knew that before I purchased them, but it took me about an hour to install. Left side should take considerably less time now that I know what goes where. I used blue loctite on most of the hardware. Peg length is shorter than the rubber units, but could be easily spaced out. I used the tyga instructions as a template, but still was a head scratcher mounting the master cylinder because left and right side hardware are all together.

SCUBA

Quality seems ok. No stripped fasteners or anything. Haven't ridden more than 7 miles yet. I'll update when I get the left side mounted.

It actually looks like there are three different sets of KTM RC390 rear sets for sale on Ebay from overseas vendors. The prices run from just over a hundred dollars to just under two hundred. I wonder how three different companies over there can make these and sell enough to cover their costs? Of the three sets, I am not impressed with the look of the ones with short folding foot pegs.