Anyone willing to risk small bucks on these cheap chinese Rearsets?

Ryanthegreat1

Hmmm I put that brass sleeve on the shifter side between the heim joint and the shift lever.

IMG_20160620_172929.jpg

Here is my rear master setup. It looks to be perfectly inline to me.

IMG_20160620_173011.jpg

And here are those longer spool spacers on the brake side.

IMG_20160620_172950.jpg

Last edited:

ray

These two are spacers between the frame and the rearset on the brake side.

Please see the picture below. I am referring to the two black cylindrical items on the tight of the image.

As far as I remember those 2 cylindrical parts go behind that black piece that goes behind the side stand. Let me check mine and post a pic

Yeah, I know. My question is where does ray have them compared to stock.

DSC_2406.jpg

robenever

update 2: went down again. same side. this time it was on Palomar mountain, CA. the rear set keeps surprising me. the peg is scrapped and shaved beyond the point of having a comfortable footing but still solid, no shake on em (i installed them using blue locktite . I just ordered replacements for the footpegs and the levers off eBay ( 8 Colors Universal Motorcycle Footrests Foot Pegs Footpeg Pedal Rear Set Racing | eBay ).
money well spent. BTW, I'm ok. the bike crashed well and lost a mirror and I'm going to replace the belly pan soon. but other than that solid buy and will continue use these.

Treachery

Country flag
Thanks for the (unfortunate) update, robenever. I'm ever so slightly pissed that I didn't order a set of these, and may yet. The price ticked up just a little bit after being "on sale" on eBay. I've got almost that much (before shipping) in a set of aftermarket pegs.

ray

@robenever

Glad to hear you are okay. Yes, the rear set is surprisingly awesome. The only thing that took damage and survived in my RC's crash.

EnergyHOU

Could anyone confirm the most recent ebay link we are using to purchase these sets? I understand that they'll be more or less the same across the board from listing to listing but can anyone come through with recent link? Thanks.

ray

Could anyone confirm the most recent ebay link we are using to purchase these sets? I understand that they'll be more or less the same across the board from listing to listing but can anyone come through with recent link? Thanks.

This is the one I used in December

Adjustable Rearsets Rear Set Foot Rest Pegs Fit 2014 2016 KTM RC 125 390 RC390 | eBay

They are slow to respond to our messages. I had asked them if they can under value the product prior to placing my order and they never replied but I went ahead and placed the order anyway. To my surprise they had under valued it and it reached on time..infact within a week which is a first for me.

Also, its 10$ cheaper now than when I had bought.

Jeff Frazier

The install went well I think. The parts fit perfectly, and everything appears to be of good quality. Similar to Sato and Woodcraft that have on my other bikes. Just make sure to use Loctite on everything. (that goes for anything you do to a motorcycle ;) )

With no instructions, this could be a pretty difficult install for some people. There are a few opportunities to get things in the wrong place.

Here are a few pics.. I'm sure it will help someone.

simpletty

Country flag
jeff there is another heim joint that you use in place of the stock rear brake link. ill post picture when im done

Last edited:

Slowpoke

Simpletty please do because I've set mine up as per the picture :/

Maybe it replaces the standard 'plunger'?

Last edited:

Grove

Anyone have experience with the folding ones? Or is the difference only in the peg itself? I see that there seems to be at least two types of rearsets with folding pegs.

Lots of good comments here, but I'd guess mostly about the fixed peg sets.

A bit paranoid, but I also use the bike on the street, and have a fear of getting impaled. Especially after watching an AMA Pro Superbike race where a bike went airborne and dropped right on top of the rider :(

Last edited:
I ordered mine from china few days ago
without anodisation, as I wanted to be sire to avoid a different black or yellow than other parts of the bike.
as it is CNC, I expect a good alloy quality
I requested to have folding foodpegs instead of fixed one. I consider this as a must, mainly for track usage, and avoid to damage the track in case of falling (it is even sometimes mandatory on some tracks in France)
I was surprised that sometimes the reference for Duke and RC are different. I do not know why...

Grove

I ordered mine from china few days ago
without anodisation, as I wanted to be sire to avoid a different black or yellow than other parts of the bike.
as it is CNC, I expect a good alloy quality
I requested to have folding foodpegs instead of fixed one. I consider this as a must, mainly for track usage, and avoid to damage the track in case of falling (it is even sometimes mandatory on some tracks in France)
I was surprised that sometimes the reference for Duke and RC are different. I do not know why...
Let us know how it goes!

First time I've heard of a folding footpeg requirement at the track. But I can kind of see why.