Are there Brembo Calipers available for the RC390?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Thanks CDN that's the first time I've seen that rebuild kit.
As far as modifing the brakes, the only thing I've changed is the lines.
I just meant the bike in general has been modified, and is probably enough of an excuse for them not to warranty anything.

Nope! [FONT=&quot]Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 says otherwise. You are perfectly permitted to do all your own maintenance, or have someone other than a dealer do the work, and re-routing the lines (or removal of the ABS unit) is NOT anything which would invalidate the warranty. Plus, the ******* bike TELLS you "Ready to Race" every time you turn the ignition... so they would have a damned difficult time to decline to warranty the caliper. That's not to say that they WOULDN'T decline it, but that's where you having a decent relationship with your dealership comes in. Dealers can push for the customer against KTM North America and get things approved which are otherwise declined initially. If your dealer won't go to bat for you, go to a different dealer going forward and establish a good relationship with that one instead. Don't prop up bad dealers.[/FONT]

Tom

Also, If you haven't see this post, it may be of value:
https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/new-members-introduction/35946-upgrade-brakes.html

Post # 10:

"Yes , I fitted front 100 mm Brembo on a PP ( Galfer ) 320 mm wave rotor and Brembo rear calliper . The rear is a straight swap , but you will need to machine ( CNC ) an adapter to be able to fit a 100mm calliper on the 80mm stock fork end . With the 100 mm calliper ( which came from a KTM 690 ) you will attach it straight on the higher fork end and the adapter will attach to the lower fork end . The adapter will continue another to allow you to attach the calliper .
You will also need to machine a 10mm bolt with 8mm x 1,25 thread for the top attachment .
Then you also will need to machine a wheel spacer and a spacer for the disk and special bolts to be able to install the ABS / speedo disk ."

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Possibly, I don't know if the brakes would be covered.
Plus the bike is strictly a race/track bike and has been modified, so who knows.

If it's been used in competition, then you are clearly out of warranty now. It is pretty clearly stated in the KTM warranty document:

"Competition motorcycles or any other KTM models used in Competition: Duration: 30 days from date of purchase.Limitations: This warranty is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser only."

airazen

Country flag
bda4bfd705494ccf34af4209a8020cd0.jpg

that was just a sample, still need some little adjustment, quite tricky because of bolts placement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rc390x

The best braking setup I have on a 390 is an RCS15 master cylinder, a Galfer 320 rotor (need to add 10mm spacers and 10mm longer bolts to your caliper mount if you have a 2014-2016 bike with a 310mm disc), steel braided lines, removed ABS unit and using Brembo BB-07GR18.SC Brembo Sintered HH FRONT Brake Pads

this combo is perfect.. no need to change the caliper.. braking is linear, predictable, confident, strong feel of traction, can pull the rear wheel up easily with predictability and control

Attachments

• Naked.jpg
    Naked.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 204

SnotRkt

You are a brave soul to run that Comp Werkes exhaust. I bought one for my 18 and sent it back as soon as I heard it on the bike, holy crap it sounds like hell demons are trying to escape from the engine. I couldn't bare it.

airazen

Country flag
finally... ABS worked perfectly, no issue at all...
feel nice when push the lever... smooth...

971a98f9df9f2f98d2d171729fac019d.jpg

airazen

Country flag
Are they going to be selling the bracket?

yes, i plan to selling it...

i'm still waiting for the galfer front rotor, brembo M4 and M50 calipers to arrive, once there is no changes to the bracket, i will start produce in small qty and it's up for sale...

Last edited:
there is probably the option to reuse the caliper from BMW G 310.

how-is-the-new-tvs-a-10_800x0w.jpg

I imagine it's the same as us, but without the black painting.
It looks much better and more "racing" (to my point of view)

s-l300.jpg

Andy

Country flag
yes, it is the same 80 mm pitch caliper, also you can use RC 390 front rotor disc, DF800CW or DF800CWS on the 310's...

I've been looking at this as a more cosmetic change, think the gold looks far better.

However I notice that not many secondhand ones about and new they (BMW) want $500 odd!!

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

airazen

Country flag
I've been looking at this as a more cosmetic change, think the gold looks far better.

However I notice that not many secondhand ones about and new they (BMW) want $500 odd!!

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

couldn't agree more about the colors, that's one of the reasons why i use brembo, a pleasure for my eyes... lol

Last edited:

Tom

If all you are going for is color, then why not just send off the stock calipers to get powder coated?

Andy

Country flag
You could do. End of day with brake upgrades (lines, master cylinder, pads and disc) the stock calliper works just fine.

airazen

Country flag
If all you are going for is color, then why not just send off the stock calipers to get powder coated?

way to expensive in here,thats why i made the adapter/bracket, i'd rather buy used brembo calipers than to have the stock one powder coated...

also my consideration for future, if i want to sell the bike, simply i just put back the stock caliper, then listed the brembo's on marketplace...

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just a FWIW the 690 Duke R caliper part number is 6131301510158 and retails at $280.49. Its a full blown monoblock M50 Brembo at a really reasonable price. Its a 100mm bolt spacing.