AV Lithium Batteries

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
We've used these ourselves for several years, and they've proven to be strong, light, and reliable. Drops over 5.5 lbs. off the 390 Duke or RC. 275 CCA. 3 year warranty. $159

www.mnnthbx.com

reenmachine

Country flag
Interesting. Looks exactly the same as the Ballistic I put in my old BMW G650GS. Amazing battery, and it saw abuse without ever missing a beat, hot or cold. Massive size & weight savings as well. Highly recommended!

jM8KWl.jpg

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Specialty chargers exist, but you can use conventional chargers if you adhere to some guidelines laid out in the included instructions. (Basically don't overcharge it)

green_bread

Country flag
I'm actually using a 4 cell and it works just fine.

We stock 4 cells as well (Grom page), but I'm not recommending them for the 390. The 4 cell may indeed start it, but it's not up to spec for the job, so I can't support it as such...

My ballastic 4 cell went for a toss rather quickly. But that might be because I let it sit for too long without charging.

I think a 4 cell is fine to use on the RC390 as long as its on a race bike where the lights, ABS, etc arent being used. Im not sure Id want to put one in a street bike running all of the accessories, though.

And you're right, psych0hans, letting them sit without charging seems to kill them rather quickly. Thats exactly how I killed mine.

psych0hans

Country flag
I’ve decided I’m going to add quick disconnects to each of my bikes so I can disconnect the batter when I’m not riding.