bar end mirrors

Louatlvc

Greetings,
Got some good feedback about using bar end mirrors rather than trying to lengthen OEM mirrors to see what's behind me. I removed the bar end weights and found the the bars are not hollow (which seems to be a requirement for the bar end mirrors to fit). Rather, there is a 6mm thread hole. Anybody using bar end mirrors that will work with this set up? Thanks! Lou

guzz46

Just remove the silver spreader and use the thread already in the bars, I had to use a small spacer to keep the mirrors from pressing up against the throttle.IMG_20150113_184147.jpg

mwtillotson

What did you guys do with your front turn signals if the mirrors are removed? In the U.S. version, we have ugly bug eyes on the sides, but I believe most other versions have the turn signals integrated with the mirrors.

I had intended to purchase the Euro-version integrated turn signals, but perhaps I won't if the bike looks better with the bar end mirrors. Does anyone have a full picture of their bike with bar end mirrors that they could share?

guzz46

What did you guys do with your front turn signals if the mirrors are removed? In the U.S. version, we have ugly bug eyes on the sides, but I believe most other versions have the turn signals integrated with the mirrors.

I had intended to purchase the Euro-version integrated turn signals, but perhaps I won't if the bike looks better with the bar end mirrors. Does anyone have a full picture of their bike with bar end mirrors that they could share?

I attached them to the front windscreen, at first I thought they looked a bit odd, but now I'm used to it, I think they look better than having them poking out the side of the fairing.

IMG_20150113_130230.jpgIMG_20150324_171849.jpg

Last edited:

mwtillotson

I attached them to the front windscreen, at first I thought they looked a bit odd, but now I'm used to it, I think they look better than having them poking out the side of the fairing.

I agree -- I think it looks much better than the U.S. version's bug eyes.

Sweet looking ride. The bar mirrors look good too. Thank you for the pictures.

I tried some bar end mirrors on mine but found them hard to set up maybe I did something wrong as I found it hard to see following traffic - What is the secret Guzz?
Being a draftsman I also got some aluminium plates laser cut that bolted on to the area where the base of the mirror used to mount - Maybe I could get rich and sell these items?

guzz46

Not sure, it took a bit of tweaking to get them in the right position, I kept them just loose enough to be able to adjust them as I was riding, then once they were in the right position I tightened them up when I got home.

Luis1

Where did you get your bar end mirrors and can they adjusted left/right up/down for personal preference.
The license plate bracket/kit as well. Bike looks nice.

Seabass

20160816_073039.jpg20160816_073110.jpg20160816_181451.jpg

I just ordered from from amazon.ca " JAMBO Universal Black 2 Way Mounting Multi Angle Adjustable Billet Aluminum 7/8" Handlebar Bar End Rearview Side Mirror " $20.99 CAD. I used the existing bolt. just need to figure out a washer. my temp set up looks like this