Battery Door Fix Battery Door Latch Fix - Should resolve the problem.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

As many of you have found the RC390 Battery door is doesn't always lock securely. Some have even experienced it blowing off while riding.

We spent some time last night fiddling with it, and seemed to have found a solution.

This little trick Should help resolve that.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Sharing feedback is what it's all about.

[video=youtube;sYOVHAv2gK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOVHAv2gK4[/video]

psych0hans

Country flag
In my case I just bent the tab that holds the locking mechanism up a bit and it started working alright. Will definitely try your solution as well, thank tou

74d34h

As many of you have found the RC390 Battery door is doesn't always lock securely. Some have even experienced it blowing off while riding.

We spent some time last night fiddling with it, and seemed to have found a solution.

This little trick Should help resolve that.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Sharing feedback is what it's all about.

[video=youtube;sYOVHAv2gK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYOVHAv2gK4[/video]

Thanks for for posting this. I will get this done while we install that lithium battery we just ordered from you! That's my 3rd Antigravity battery, from you guys. They are awesome.

74d34h

Thanks for for posting this. I will get this done while we install that lithium battery we just ordered from you! That's my 3rd Antigravity battery, from you guys. They are awesome.

Battery was was easy to install like always, the latch fix was perfect! Thanks again.

Biker

Country flag
Worked for me too. Another easier suggestion which was working for me was wrapping a small piece of insulation tape on the metal bar on the plastic piece. This was helping push back the latch further.

Biker

Country flag
The cover just won't latch now after all these years.

My solution:
Have removed the small Allen head bolts (think they are M6) which hold the latch mechanism against the metal tab on the tank, put some double sided tape to hold the latching mechanism against the bottom of the metal tab on the fuel tank, drilled two holes in the battery cover and put a couple of bolts through to fit into the holes below. Seems to work a treat.