Bay Area, CA CUP Bike: Intro and Questions

mattonrc390

Hey there, I just wanted to introduce myself after lurking on this forum for awhile. I just pulled the trigger on a new 15' CUP and it's in the process of being shipped from Denver (it's going to be a long 2 weeks!). I've been a very casual trackday goer for the past few years riding R6's and always wanted to get on a smaller displacement bike. My local race organization is the AFM and being in the Bay area we get access to some popular tracks: Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway (among other local tracks, Buttonwillow and Thunderhill). Really looking forward to meeting some of you out there!

Right now the plan is to spend the rest of the year getting the suspension dialed in and really getting comfortable on the bike. I don't think I'd be competitive at this point but looking forward to joining the races next year.

Please excuse my naivety, and appreciate any feedback you have on the following:
1) What have you guys done for break-in? Especially the CUP guys that can't get around on the street?
2) I'm 150lb without gear and I'm hearing mix things on the WP Factory springs: Do you think I can get away without going stiffer?
3) What's everyone doing for quick shifters? Dynojet? Bazzaz? Healtech?
4) Going to immediately swap out the stock Rosso's for the SC's, has the ideal f/r size been determined yet? (e.g. 110 F 140 R?)
5) AFM guys, based off some research looks like we qualify for prod 350 and formula III. I'm sure there's more, can you enlighten me?
6) Anything else I should be considering in preparation for this bike?

Thanks in advance! Will post pics when I recieve the bike!
Matt

Jon W

Site Supporter
Country flag
I did three heat cycles. Took it easy one session then rode it like i stole it!
I am 200 pounds i had to go stiffer.
Tires,i an now running Pirelli slicks 120 front 165 rear.
Quick shifter Chad at KTM performance from this site.
oh change your oil rite away.

mattonrc390

Thanks Jon W for the info. Finally received the CUP bike today - I'll post better pics along with all the prep/mods in the next few days.

IMG_4252.jpg

I did three heat cycles. Took it easy one session then rode it like i stole it!
I am 200 pounds i had to go stiffer.
Tires,i an now running Pirelli slicks 120 front 165 rear.
Quick shifter Chad at KTM performance from this site.
oh change your oil rite away.

big_sur

110 front / 140 rear supercorsa is the perfect tire

1a7f21b8cfee9b95ed363bf53e62f01566770293e2e39568530c9a5a8451d838.jpg