MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
MNNTHBX - Enter

We have the country's first inventory of Bazzaz ZFis. We can carry the others, but we've always been huge fans of their product and support, easy install, and ultimately, the performance.

Full disclaimer... We wanted to test a package we felt would provide the most bang for the buck, and something that's an easy install, as we feel it's along these lines most buyers will go. We'll follow up with more invasive performance later down the road. Today's runs we about 20 minutes apart, on our two shop bikes. Instead of spending countless hours dialing the bike in, we wanted to show the "worst case" scenario, meaning we went with MIVV's least performance system, and ran in on the initial map we had the Bazzaz AFM build for us in a matter of 15 minutes. Obviously, we can refine what our engine is doing here, but again, this is more about what a customer could expect out of the box with minimal effort.

Bike 1 was our 500 mile shop bike, left completely stock this whole time so we could provide solid reference on the dyno.

Bike 2 is our 400 mile shop bike with the MIVV Suonno exhaust, Bazzaz ZFi and AFM, MNNTHBX air box cover, and K&N air filter.

We netted a peak of +1hp, but pulled nearly +9hp out of the midrange, and across a fantastically wide spread. This is VERY noticeable (FUN) on the street, and at a price point that drops in under a stand alone Akro.

I think our next direction may be testing the other MIVV cans, some cams, and map refinement. We'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

waveriders

What MIVV exhaust did you put on the 390? I've been looking at the MIVV GHIBLI, but haven't seen much info on them.

KTMGene390

MNNTHBX - Enter

We have the country's first inventory of Bazzaz ZFis. We can carry the others, but we've always been huge fans of their product and support, easy install, and ultimately, the performance.

We'll have dyno pulls and further first hand research soon, but for now, I'll speak as an enthusiast only... Yesterday we installed our air box cover, K&N, MIVV exhaust, and the Bazzaz. We made some maps in short order, and the results were incredible. Everything went smooth, and the power is WAY up. Again, this is all non fact based impression at this point, but we have little doubt the dyno numbers won't back it up in 10 days or so....

I'm curious where on the bike did you install the Bazzaz unit?

Need some help please -

I have a Bazzaz ZFI and have downloaded the fitment instructions - all good - My question is can I just fit this item straight out of the box on my RC ? It is still running the original ECU settings has never been flashed with the Ackro map .

Secondly - it says on the fitting instructions to plug in and check that everything is all ok after installed- My problem here is even if I do plug it in I would have no idea what I am looking for - or at !!!! or can I just install start bike and go have fun with no risk to the motor etc ?

Any help will be appreciated - Cheers

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Need some help please -

I have a Bazzaz ZFI and have downloaded the fitment instructions - all good - My question is can I just fit this item straight out of the box on my RC ? It is still running the original ECU settings has never been flashed with the Ackro map .

Secondly - it says on the fitting instructions to plug in and check that everything is all ok after installed- My problem here is even if I do plug it in I would have no idea what I am looking for - or at !!!! or can I just install start bike and go have fun with no risk to the motor etc ?

Any help will be appreciated - Cheers
It designed to wire straight in and go. Safe operation right out of the box. Let us know if you have further questions.

Are you able to supply the ZFi-TC? Im wanting the whole package with the quick shifter so I figure I will pay the small extra for the TC as well.

Thanks

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Are you able to supply the ZFi-TC? Im wanting the whole package with the quick shifter so I figure I will pay the small extra for the TC as well.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this... We can get it for you in short order. Contact us through our site if you want and we'll get you some cheap pricing.

I finally got around to fitting my ZFi - Bazzaz fuel controller today- (purchased from MNNTHBX ) I have never really had anything to do with re -mapping etc... in the past - and to date have installed a number of bolt on mechanical parts -that all improved the RC handling etc..
The biggest problem I was having with the 390 was the rough idle and slow riding it was a pain in the arse.

After fitting the Bazzaz ZFi - (with easy to follow instructions although took me a few hours !) the bike has now transformed to a smooth responsive ride giving confidence in roundabouts and just general control of the bike -

MNNTHBX were very helpful with responding to my previous posts in this thread - All I am trying to say if there is anyone out there like me - A little old school and has doubts about purchasing fitting one of theses controllers do not hesitate - money well worth spending - Cheers

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I finally got around to fitting my ZFi - Bazzaz fuel controller today- (purchased from MNNTHBX ) I have never really had anything to do with re -mapping etc... in the past - and to date have installed a number of bolt on mechanical parts -that all improved the RC handling etc..
The biggest problem I was having with the 390 was the rough idle and slow riding it was a pain in the arse.

After fitting the Bazzaz ZFi - (with easy to follow instructions although took me a few hours !) the bike has now transformed to a smooth responsive ride giving confidence in roundabouts and just general control of the bike -

MNNTHBX were very helpful with responding to my previous posts in this thread - All I am trying to say if there is anyone out there like me - A little old school and has doubts about purchasing fitting one of theses controllers do not hesitate - money well worth spending - Cheers
Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

gaumer94

Just purchased a bazzaz from you guys. You wouldn't happen to have a map for just the airbox cover and knn would you? or would running the akro map work.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Just purchased a bazzaz from you guys. You wouldn't happen to have a map for just the airbox cover and knn would you? or would running the akro map work.
The default Bazzaz map should be almost spot on. I wouldn't recommend the Akro map.

Can the stock ECU be re flashed with the Bazzaz EFi installed? Reason I ask is after 3 days or so of the Bazzaz being installed the poor idle returned and the bike is running very poor during warm up again - My KTM dealer thinks the problem will be solved be re- flashing the stock ECU !! I personally think it will be a waste of time what are your guys thoughts?

I was hoping the Bazzaz EFi would have solved the poor low rev idle running but it appears not - although in saying that the bike runs super clean in the higher revs now - very frustrating as the bike still stalls when it feels like it during warm up - and under take off.

Other forum members seem to think it is the lack of AF ratio control in the lower revs being a stepper motor with no control over the low revs and the stock ECU fighting the Bazzaz EFi which cannot control the O2 sensor accurately? your thoughts Cheers

I just installed my Z-Fi TC/ Z-AFM. Everything plugs straight in and should be fine running off the stock ECU settings, I would recommend zip tying the fuel injector connection as is seems to not be fully secured. I believe you can just run the bike without plugging it in but would recommend to make sure everything is working correctly.

zippy49

I found the same thing on my installation, that one connector would not click tight. But now I have a bunch of connectors that can't be tucked back where they belong, especially at the left front. These bikes are packed really tight, not much extra room.

When I hooked up my laptop and ran the diagnostic, the gear position display would not stabilize. I had it on a rear stand, in gear. Maybe the wheel speed was not stable enough with no load?

Also, I am installing a barrier behind the MNNTHBX airbox lid, to keep things stored in the tail section from falling onto that new K&N!

Last edited: