Need Help Bike shuts off at idle, and feels like it has two powerbands

1JZSupra

Country flag
Take your spark plug, pull the ignition cable, and plug in the spark plug. Then rest the spark plug on something metal like the side of your bike. Then crank it over and see if you can see spark at the tip. Don't touch it as it could give you a little shock.

Honestly, in my experience, it sounds like you are running lean and causing it to bog. Do you have a picture of your old spark plug tip?

dhynz

Country flag
Here is my old spark plug pic is it running lean? Is it the issues with valve clearance’s cause the valve clearance has not been checked till now and it has odo 25000km on it what could be the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_6994.png
    IMG_6994.png
    676.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6993.jpeg
    IMG_6993.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

1JZSupra

Country flag
The color looks good, but is the gap on that plug really small? It looks like it is in the photo. Did you have the valve clearance check completed? Did you start having issues AFTER have the clearance checked?

dhynz

Country flag
The color looks good, but is the gap on that plug really small? It looks like it is in the photo. Did you have the valve clearance check completed? Did you start having issues AFTER have the clearance checked?
Actually the tip was slightly bend. My bike has never had valve clearance check since day 1 here in india they don’t do valve check until there a problem but i don't have no starting issues. the only issues are hesitation for 1 or 2 seconds during quick acceleration and starts to accelerate well after 6k rpm and backfiring during deceleration and uneven idling. Now most i feel is the engine is running so much ROUGH like when i give throttle the engine is accelerating rougher couldn’t feel much of a power SOMEONE PLS HELP!

Last edited:

creedRu

Country flag
Уважаемый автор, решена ли эта проблема? Все перепробовал, единственное, о чем до сих пор думаю, это зазор клапанов.. или прогар (как вы решили эту проблему?

rideontt

Country flag
Bro it didn't solve the problem i removeD the spark plug connector and replugged it and locked the rubber cap in place it doesn't have any changes SOMEONE PLS HELP!!
have you checked the spark plug cap resistance? remove it (unscrew antilock-wise) and it should show above 1000-1075 oms use a multimeter to check

Boardinfourlife

Country flag
hi everyone, my bike recently startet to shut off in neutral (after a few minutes) at red lights and it accelerates weird in 3rd and 4th gear.
It jerks forward in 3rd and 4th gear when i rev it past 7k rpm.

I suspect it might be a clogged fuel filter, but i'm not really sure and just wanted to ask if someone had the same problem.
Im not really experienced with working on bikes, so i'd be very thankfull for every suggestion.

Thanks in advance
Check the basics fuel filter, spark, coils, injector, hoses, air filter, interior of the fly wheel and test stator, try disconnecting and reconnecting battery.. possibly dig in to that upper head and check valves and clearances, chain and tensioner, check overall health of your battery as well...