Braided Brake lines install

Bagwell

Country flag
Does anyone make a replacement brake line kit for keeping the ABS yet? I like Spiegler lines, but dont see a kit on their site for the RC390. Interested in a line set for keeping the ABS if anyone knows of one.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Does anyone make a replacement brake line kit for keeping the ABS yet? I like Spiegler lines, but dont see a kit on their site for the RC390. Interested in a line set for keeping the ABS if anyone knows of one.

Not that I'm aware, not sure it would even be worth doing. My Speigler lines are only available from me. They are a custom job, they will not sell them to you. You can remove your original lines and dimension them, Speigler will be more than happy to make you a set if desired...

ianblewitt

Country flag
ICYMI and still want to do this, Galfer makes a kit for keeping ABS. My bleeder bolt broke so I have not installed them yet, but they look identical to stock ones for fitment so far. I test routed them and it's perfect. Just haven't had a second to pull the tank off to route to the ABS box.

I have done the 320mm galfer rotor with powerparts oversize rotor kit which is easily available now with the longer bolts and spacers, installed super easy.

ianblewitt

Country flag
ICYMI and still want to do this, Galfer makes a kit for keeping ABS. My bleeder bolt broke so I have not installed them yet, but they look identical to stock ones for fitment so far. I test routed them and it's perfect. Just haven't had a second to pull the tank off to route to the ABS box.

I have done the 320mm galfer rotor with powerparts oversize rotor kit which is easily available now with the longer bolts and spacers, installed super easy.
Finally had a chance to install the Galfer braided lines this weekend and they're great, it was perfectly routed. The ABS unit is in a hard to get to location as per everyone on here, double check the torque settings on the rear caliper line, as it's the hardest to reach.

Takes forever to put fluid into an empty system so just keep pumping, and when you get discouraged keep pumping more lol. I think it took me about an hour for the rear and and hour for the front to get the pumping, probably would be faster with the vacuum type

daforg

Country flag
Finally had a chance to install the Galfer braided lines this weekend and they're great, it was perfectly routed. The ABS unit is in a hard to get to location as per everyone on here, double check the torque settings on the rear caliper line, as it's the hardest to reach.

Takes forever to put fluid into an empty system so just keep pumping, and when you get discouraged keep pumping more lol. I think it took me about an hour for the rear and and hour for the front to get the pumping, probably would be faster with the vacuum type
I installed braided lines (full ABS delete too) about a week ago. I used a syringe and injected fluid via the nipple on the caliper first, then bled the system the traditional way. Took about 20-30 minutes to do both.

ianblewitt

Country flag
I installed braided lines (full ABS delete too) about a week ago. I used a syringe and injected fluid via the nipple on the caliper first, then bled the system the traditional way. Took about 20-30 minutes to do both.
Smart! I'm sure that would have saved me time.

I didn't want to go buy anything else haha