simpletty

Country flag
Suspension upgrades finished today, all settings dialed in on the rear. Did the r6 shock and the race tech springs. It made a an incredible improvement. Did some hard braking into corners....the brakes were ok before I had decent suspension. Now I can tell that there will not be enough there to handle hard riding on the track. Next on the list pads and rotors I'm pretty darn happy with how this all turned out. Big thanks to Matt on the setups for the front and rear bikes a whole machine.

Diploman

I used the following recipe to upgrade the front brake on my 390: EBC HH sintered pads; Galfer 320mm wave rotor; Frando 15mm 7NB MC. The Taiwan-made Frando, in particular, is a low-cost, high-reward upgrade, fully in a league with the Brembo RCS but without the ratio-changing feature or the expensive Brembo logo. Much less expensive but excellent quality and performance. Stock brake lines and brake switch electrical connection plug right into the Frando. My Duke has a wickedly powerful, easily modulated front brake now. Huge improvement over stock. Frando available from Webike Japan or Taiwanese distributors.

FRANDO- Brake System CHE LIWU CO., LTD.

simpletty

Country flag
I used the following recipe to upgrade the front brake on my 390: EBC HH sintered pads; Galfer 320mm wave rotor; Frando 15mm 7NB MC. The Taiwan-made Frando, in particular, is a low-cost, high-reward upgrade, fully in a league with the Brembo RCS but without the ratio-changing feature or the expensive Brembo logo. Much less expensive but excellent quality and performance. Stock brake lines and brake switch electrical connection plug right into the Frando. My Duke has a wickedly powerful, easily modulated front brake now. Huge improvement over stock. Frando available from Webike Japan or Taiwanese distributors.

FRANDO- Brake System CHE LIWU CO., LTD.

Awesome thanks for the direction. I'll get that on order

bkruk

I got the ABS bypass lines from Chad and the Brembo RCS with Brembo pads the difference is outstanding!

Diploman

Simpletty, If your RC will be used primarily on the street, it would not be advisable to disable/dismount the ABS module, an important safety feature. Only if your bike will be used exclusively for full-on track competition would it make sense to lose the ABS.

ratlab

i used the 320mm galfer kit,600 rbf,and vortex pads-which are the most aggressive pad i have ever used-very good on the track-thanks for the heads up on the frando m/c.

ToraTora

Country flag
A False Economy?

DPMan, Taiwan arguably makes some of the best bicycles in the world so clearly they have great manufacturing ability. But to say that the 7NB is in the same league as a Brembo RCS is a really far reach. If it were even slightly true you'd see Frando all over the MotoGP paddock, but you don't. The internal parts on the RCS are they same parts they employ on their higher end models. They are very high quality. Take a look at this photo of the internal 7NB parts from the Fando website. Does this look like the same league to you?

1421219043_72427.jpg

The 7NB doesn't look like a bad master from the photos on the Frando website. But even from their photos I can see it's not of the same quality as the Brembo. And you have to ask yourself, how can they make it so much cheaper than Brembo? Labor in Taiwan isn't all that much cheaper than labor in Italy these days, so we can't really claim that the lower price is due to labor. It is more likely do to quality of materials. In that we know from an insanely high number of professional racing miles that the Brembo is the number one choice in that league. Now if you want to save a few bucks on a master with a Frando that's your choice, but stating that they are in the same league as the Brembo, well that's asking a lot.

1425361538_60103.jpg

d_35354.jpg

Personally for me brakes are a serious item on a bike. You throw yourself at a significant velocity down the road and that tiny little master cylinder is all that prevents you from becoming mush. Spending $250 on that one item sounds like a truly wise investment to me.

KG_BREMBO_14-RCS_Brake_Main2_wm.jpg

Last edited: