Bubble Windscreen Without Removing DRLs or Headlights

AustinN2O

I’ve had my RC390 for a week now and thought I’d kick off with a post I don’t think I’ve seen yet. Want to install the PowerParts Bubble Windscreen without removing your headlights or DLRs? So did I. You’re just going to need a dremel, 400 grit sandpaper, 800 grit sandpaper, 2000 grit sandpaper and some polishing compound for the scratches post cut. Happy to answer any questions.

-Austin

AustinN2O

All you need to do is dremel off the lower section as shown, sand and polish the lip. I haven't experienced any issue with aerodynamics etc.

IMG_3463.jpg
0.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg
IMG_3458.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg
IMG_3459.jpg

airazen

Country flag
it looks wierd to me, plus, it would be hard to clean the headlight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinN2O

This gives you the ability to quickly swap between the taller race bubble for track days / better aerodynamics and back to the normal windscreen for night riding in about 2-3 minutes as opposed to spending all the time to take out the DRL unit etc. I guess if you’re super lazy and 2 minutes to remove and clean your headlights is too much that would be an issue. :)

mmatusacebo

There is a special KTM PowerParts Bubble with the opening for the lights.

p-000171-p_W1715727-cupula-636979082598411833.jpg

Last edited:

SnotRkt

RLB_0009.jpg
KTM Racing Bubble with headlight cutout and a cover I bought/made to hide the lights when on the track...

airazen

Country flag
lazy?

it is very impractical, considering that the quality of the bolts on this bike is not very good, remove than install on frequent basis just to clean the headlight?

and for someone that using this bike as daily commuter, yep, that's an issue, unless you're had no job... you can hug the bike all day long... :)

This gives you the ability to quickly swap between the taller race bubble for track days / better aerodynamics and back to the normal windscreen for night riding in about 2-3 minutes as opposed to spending all the time to take out the DRL unit etc. I guess if you’re super lazy and 2 minutes to remove and clean your headlights is too much that would be an issue. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinN2O

Ended up trimming a little off the top of the bubble and now I think the proportions all work together perfectly. More aerodynamic than stock, retained the DRLs which I love, and it of course gave it a unique look. This is a weekend bike for me so I don’t ever worry about the tiny slit letting in enough debris for it to be an issue. Also, I swapped the headlights for LEDs which are so bright I think it has better visibility than stock even with the plastic in front of the headlights funny enough.
BEABDE83-8FE6-4C5D-9A11-709142C00CB4.jpg
67BA327D-84FB-4822-ADB4-ADF92EBFAC22.jpg