by the #s

Wa2fst

Country flag
I havent seen anyone post up a whole lot on weight savings they have had with their different exhaust. with such limited ones available Im curious what rough #s some were saving. Also, why no dyno #s? I would assume you guys that swapped exhaust put a tuner on of some sorts.

post your #s regardless of dynos, air temp, blah blah being different curious what people are getting.

the truth for me is that Yosh pipes are hot but my bike is just for tracking. So although I know im not looking at getting some ridiculous amount of power out of any of them be nice to know what some are getting at least weight savings.. as of now Yosh has said maybe a little savings on the CF pipe and none on the aluminum so this may stear me into a different brand.

Leo Vince told me they Duke 390 is in works and the RC390 is looking to get something but it may not be for months.

DCMoney

Country flag
Same boat, waiting for some dyno numbers on all the current exhaust available.

Really want to see what the arrows are putting out.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I assume nothing is making big gains.. but weight savings is the next best option.. COME ON GUYS POST UP !!! lol

psych0hans

Country flag
I'm planning an exhaust build in the near future which will maintain stock exchange position, hopefully not suck any power and reduce weight considerably... That's the plan anyhow...

tecknojoe

Country flag
I should have my bike back in the next week or two.

then I will make a dyno run
then install the akra and pcv
then dyno again

ill weigh both exhausts as well

big_sur

I should have my bike back in the next week or two.

then I will make a dyno run
then install the akra and pcv
then dyno again

ill weigh both exhausts as well

I dropped my forks off on Monday so hopefully he'll get around to our stuff soon.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

As it stands, looks like the Comp. Werkes Exhaust will be a great Overall solution for weight savings, less expensive, Protected exhaust (Good for racers)
Great Sound...... gorgeous welds.......etc..

Top quality, USA Made.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Post is useless without pics! LoL most their stuff is good looking and compact..hopefully before spring we can see some data and more manufactures.. The R3 akra looks good and shave considereable weight

Last edited:

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Post is useless without pics! LoL most their stuff is good looking and compact..hopefully before spring we can see some data and more manufactures.. The R3 akra looks good and shave considereable weight

Patience. ;-)

Should be here tomorrow.......... we will do install video, writeup review and photos

t3ddftw

Does the Comp Werkes Exhaust fit under the bike like OE? I think the OE exhaust is perfect but I would really to get that cat gone.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Does the Comp Werkes Exhaust fit under the bike like OE? I think the OE exhaust is perfect but I would really to get that cat gone.

oh yea.

[video=youtube;_RqHaf1Yyu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RqHaf1Yyu4[/video]

emeglasson

Arrow GP exhaust on mine. 6.2 pound savings. I weighed all of the parts from stock, and all of the parts from the new system.

HP gains...??? It went on a dyno after the new exhaust and power commander were installed, but with no baseline, the rear wheel numbers I got are useless. I just know if feels great, and can see by the fuel mapping that it is running great.

In terms of overall weight loss, I have removed just over 30 pounds, converting mine from a street bike to a track bike. There is a LOT of dead weight on the bike.

1.JPG3.JPGdecaldone.JPG

emeglasson

Unfortunately, I think I chucked the graph before I scanned it; it wasn't very exciting. Sorry. The chart indicated 40 HP at the rear wheel after the tune with the power commander. I have no idea what brand the dyno was. Sorry, I was more focused on getting the mapping correct than looking at numbers. I didn't do any of the tuning, just dropped off at my local shop and let them work their magic.

I'll look around in the garage and see if I can find the map. If I do, I'll scan it and post it here.