Can 6"5 tall guy fit on RC 390?

misokralj

Country flag
Hi guys.
I fell in love with this bike, and I have an option to buy a new (2018 model, but not used at all), but everyone says that is to small for me. I am 200cm tall (that's 6"5 or 6"6 I guess ). To sit on it I have to go on a 5h long journey.

Before I go to try this bike, can some of you tall guys post a picture of you sitting on it with bent leg (driving position), just to see how it looks under tall man.

I found old threat https://www.rc390-forum.com/threads/tall-guy-6-4-with-rc390.2011/ and one member posted a picture of him saying "6 ft 4 at 212 here. ur gonna look ridiculous on it" , but actually he looks ok for me.
It would be great to see the position of the legs of tall people on this bike.

Sorry for my bed English.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Are you concerned about how you will look? Or about how you will feel?

You will look to big for the bike. You will feel like you do on a larger sport bike (the ergo site above will show you that).

FWIW, I am 6'2", and I look a bit too big for the bike. I don't care about that; it works fine and fits me very, very well.

My inseam is 34". I installed aftermarket rearsets with the pegs at maximum height for the track, and it still works for me. The stock bars are very comfortable to me.

Oh, and I'm not some flexible young yoga kid; I'm 62 years old. This photo was taken last summer. The guy behind me is about 6'1" or 6'2" and he's also on an RC390 with high pegs.

H2R Dec 2019 three RC390s.JPG

MagicEightBall

Country flag
I am 6'5", bought my 2017 Saturday 250 miles away and rode it back that day. Perfectly comfortable for a sportbike. Have put 150 miles on it since Saturday on twistier stuff and never felt cramped on the bike. The worst part of the 5 hour ride will be keeping it under the rev limiter in 6th in the slow lane. *That* will drive you insane. Also, make sure you plan your gas stops well.

Karfanatik

Country flag
I'm 6'2" and 180lbs. Here's a screenshot from my first ride on the thing. I found it quite comfortable on my 1.5hr ride home. Compared to an R1, this was much more comfortable. I may look a bit large but once you are on it, it feels like a regular sized bike. Defintely doesn't feel small but you can tell its super light weight.
VideoCapture_20200620-005220.jpg