Clip ons for track use, should I get risers?

Looking to get wood craft clip ons that will be around the same height as the current bars.
Anyone know if I should get 1 or 2 inch risers?

Thanks,
Mike

Tom

Does the lowered handle position affect your riding position in any significant way? I was also looking at riser clip-ons, most of my riding is a 35 mile commute to work. By the time I get back home, I already feel fatigued from the 70 mile ride.

I would say lowering the bars could affect riding position quite a lot.
If you're fatigues with the stock bars, it would be worse if they were lowered.
I'm getting them for track/race use.
It sounds like no risers would drop the bars over an inch, so I'm going with 1 inch risers for now.

Does the lowered handle position affect your riding position in any significant way? I was also looking at riser clip-ons, most of my riding is a 35 mile commute to work. By the time I get back home, I already feel fatigued from the 70 mile ride.

Muckabucka

Country flag
If you're mainly riding on the street, I would prefer a more upright riding position. The lower the bars, the more weight will be on your wrists.

beeftip

Country flag
I'm thinking about the Woodcraft risers as well. Replace the top clamp with a Tyga and get risers that would give me another inch of height over stock (probably the 1.5 inch risers). Has anyone done this? I don't want to have to extend cables and wires. I think there's enough slack, but not quite sure. If anyone knows for sure, if there's enough slack, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Last edited: