Clutch Not Fully Disengaging After Installion Of Aftermarket CNC Clutch Lever

I'm running into an issue with my aftermarket cheap chinese cnc clutch lever, even when I pull the lever in all the way in 1st gear with the engine off, I'm noticing the bike rolls forward but there is an obvious amount of tension with rolling the bike forward as if the clutch is not disengaging fully.

With my stock clutch lever, if I was in 1st gear, when I pulled the lever in all the way it rolled forwards as smoothly as being in neutral. However after the installation of these cheap chinese aftermarket cnc adjustable clutch levers I can feel even when I pull them all the way in it feels as if the clutch is still slightly engaged still and doesn't roll forwards smoothly. I made sure absolutely everything was assembled properly, I did not over tighten anything and the slot for the clutch cable on the lever is in the exact same place as the stock oem lever so I'm really not sure why this is happening. I've tried to adjust the tension for the cable to all the way out, all the way in, and its not making any difference it still feels as if the clutch is slightly engaging preventing the wheels from rolling smoothly.

Just to be clear I only got these to see if I even like these style of levers, I'm going to order the Puig 3.0's but before I spend $230 on them I wanted to see how I felt about aftermarket levers so I bought these aliexpress levers for $20.

HTB1pRxlSVXXXXclapXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You can adjust the clutch cable at the lever, and at the motor. Sounds like you just need to adjust the cable.

Note: A TON of these "Cheap Chinese Levers" have issues with the clutch. Most cause a problem with the clutch not ENGAGING fully due to drag or have a sloppy fit, which is not always the levers fault as the tolerances on the OEM tower is also pretty marginal.

You can adjust the clutch cable at the lever, and at the motor. Sounds like you just need to adjust the cable.

Note: A TON of these "Cheap Chinese Levers" have issues with the clutch. Most cause a problem with the clutch not ENGAGING fully due to drag or have a sloppy fit, which is not always the levers fault as the tolerances on the OEM tower is also pretty marginal.
Thanks for the info, man.

I ended up figuring out the issue, I did not have to adjust at the engine at all I just did what Ari Henning suggested in his video by having 2 nickles worth of play and now they work perfectly.

Oddly enough I actually really like these cheapo chinese levers. I took my bike out for a few test rides and it felt great, then I took it on the street and I haven't had any issues so far.

I still have my eye on the Puig 3.0's though.