rideontt

Country flag
So clutch pack upgrade, before that a brief view :D
The KTM now gets slip n Assist clutch {3 spring} as default for new and for Old (1st gen) models. The Old (1gen) had a 5 spring clutch pack which was considered really hard on the fingers for few:rolleyes:.
M̳y̳ ̳d̳i̳s̳l̳i̳k̳e̳ on the Slip n Assist clutch is that it has ̳l̳o̳w̳ ̳e̳n̳g̳i̳n̳e̳ ̳b̳r̳a̳k̳i̳n̳g̳ ̳f̳e̳e̳l̳ (this is my view) and the Old is much better in comparison, also clutch feel is more reassuring when engaging from stand still to low speed in traffic..

Even after adapting to Slip N assist it was not comfortable on situations like eg; on canyon/ hill rides {̳a̳l̳w̳a̳y̳s̳ ̳r̳e̳q̳u̳i̳r̳e̳d̳ ̳c̳o̳r̳r̳e̳c̳t̳i̳o̳n̳ ̳o̳n̳ ̳e̳n̳t̳r̳y̳ ̳o̳r̳ ̳e̳x̳i̳t̳ ̳o̳f̳ ̳a̳ ̳t̳u̳r̳n̳}̳, same on track day's.

Lucky me for a good Friend who found a vendor to produce springs as long as he(vendor/Mr spring) got the sample. yay yay

rideontt

Country flag
clutch Spring was provided. about a few days later he (Mr spring) provided 2 sets (3 each).

Imperial & metric Scale
8 lbs/inch = 1.400 N/mm
&
10 lbs/inch =1.751N/mm

Using 8 lbs/inch = 1.400 N/mm.
there is a significant improvement in engine braking = 5 Spring clutch type. It feels like being back at a recognizable engine feel, clutch engagement is also spot on also when riding on Canyon/mountain roads its a lot more comfortable and familiar that engine braking is there for me { for EV cycle/car user Regen controll} :cool:
clutch spring not edited.jpeg

the Picture is with a new clutch spring.
I am yet to try it on track day ;)

Last edited:

rideontt

Country flag
OEM springs for the clutch is 7 lbs/inch = 1.225 N/mm

the upgrade used is 10% stronger over OEM...
going with small increments on an upgrade to see what it does to the clutch pack or when the clutch pack needs replacing..

I hope this helps the few who wants a change on their RC390/Duke. without burning the Wallet ....

if there is any point I had missed or not cleared do let me know :)

Last edited: