DysfunktionAl

First time posting... love my 2017 RC (I have to wear a dark face shield just to cover the silly grin on my face!). Aside from the fact she loves to run hot (5000 kms, never overheated yet), I was about to add water wetter and top up the coolant when I noticed that my factory coolant is green, but the manual recommended coolant is pink (Motorex 3.0). Did Motorex change the color of their coolant? Or do I have a different coolant from the factory? Can they be mixed? (I’ve been trained since a teenager not to mix different colored coolants!). I look to the forum gurus for advice..! Thx.

isaac_

Coolant color is irrelevant. Go with high quality coolant. Your preferred choice. I don’t know about adding water wetter + other coolant. I’ve never done that and can’t comment on it’s effectiveness. If you’re concerned, drain it and put in your preferred choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DysfunktionAl

Thx issac.... my only concern is that in 2015 KTM switched to Motorex 3.0, pink and silicate free for street bikes, I’m concerned that I may have Motorex 5.0, which is not silicate free and not compatible with silicate free coolants (3.0). I contacted Motorex directly, and they don’t know why my bike has the green coolant!!!

antarius

Just go put some Prestone in it, or honestly any other 50/50 high quality coolant... its all good to go for aluminum engines these days, it's not like back in the day when silicates would mess up your water pump and stuff like that.

Reedie4186

Country flag
Indian bikes do not run OAT coolant. Its your standard silicate loaded green goo.

That's actually not true and the manual calls for exactly that. OAT technology and is a Ethylene Glycol Basis with optimum inhibitor additives. I opened mine at 1490 miles and it was green also. I knew Motorex M3.0 is pink and have the same concerns. I have no clue where you got your Information but it's dead wrong!

Reedie4186

Country flag
First time posting... love my 2017 RC (I have to wear a dark face shield just to cover the silly grin on my face!). Aside from the fact she loves to run hot (5000 kms, never overheated yet), I was about to add water wetter and top up the coolant when I noticed that my factory coolant is green, but the manual recommended coolant is pink (Motorex 3.0). Did Motorex change the color of their coolant? Or do I have a different coolant from the factory? Can they be mixed? (I’ve been trained since a teenager not to mix different colored coolants!). I look to the forum gurus for advice..! Thx.

I have the same issue today with my 2017 KTM RC390. I have never changed the coolant and found out today it was supposed to be pink. I am flushing and flushing and flushing.... then putting good coolant in just so I know it's right. Then pray for the best. Let me know what you figured out plz and thanks.