Coolant overflow pipe snapped

karizzle38

I have gone through 2 coolant overflow reservoirs now. After the last one snapped, i just left it and have not had any problems with losing coolant through the overflow tube even with hard canyon runs and basically hitting the rev limiter in top gear on the freeway. I have continuously monitored the coolant level and it has not gone down over the past 1000 miles. I just have concerns about the "puking" i've read about on the forum. Is anyone else in the same boat where you're just fed up with replacing it and have just left it? Just wondering the results and whether or not it eventually turns into a bigger problem.

isaac_

I've never had my bike overflow *♀️

I'm also prefer to delete the overflow and just dump things into the belly pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chupowei

Here's what i did to fix the problem.

the tension pins cost $1.49 canadian dollars plus taxes

hope this helps everyone with the problem
IMG_7304.jpgIMG_7306.jpgIMG_7307.jpgIMG_7308.jpg551762134.386514.JPG

Biker

Country flag
Excellent solution.

I was coincidentally replacing the fuel filter when mine broke. I cut off the old fuel filter pipe, enlarged the hole in the coolant bottle where the pipe had snapped and just superglued the fuel filter piece in place. No problems since having done this a year ago.

reenmachine

Country flag
I just drill and tap the reservoir and install a 90 degree plastic fitting. So it doesn't get hit by the battery door... Cheap and easy fix! Lots of customers break theirs and don't even know it until I notice it. There's no pressure on it just atmospheric and coolant thru it if it gets that high and pukes out.
Here we are years later and I broke mine today (while finally installing the PCV I got from you!) and the search function worked! Thanks!