DCMoney's Throttle Experimentation

psych0hans

Country flag
I currently have a Domino throttle on order, but I ordered one for MX/Trials bikes, so I will need to mod the throttle tube from the get go. I might land up making a custom throttle tube on my 3D printer. I'm just curious, if I change the throttle housing, will the brake light switch still work? How is that wired into the bike?

The first two pics are of a cheapo one I bought locally, the other one is the Domino one I'm still waiting on. The local one comes with an on/off button and a starter button, but isn't of too good a quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

mr-fabricator

Thats exactly the domino im using at the moment , works well .

I hadto do a small amount of work but u can get the stock cable to work with it if u remove the elbow and just retain the straight part with the adjuster nut .

I have a cheep quick action throttle to try next , it came with a cable but id like to keep using the stock one .

U can make anything fit and work , just takes a little imagination

DCMoney

Country flag
I currently have a Domino throttle on order, but I ordered one for MX/Trials bikes, so I will need to mod the throttle tube from the get go. I might land up making a custom throttle tube on my 3D printer. I'm just curious, if I change the throttle housing, will the brake light switch still work? How is that wired into the bike?

The first two pics are of a cheapo one I bought locally, the other one is the Domino one I'm still waiting on. The local one comes with an on/off button and a starter button, but isn't of too good a quality.

Brake light is wired into a switch on your brake master cylinder, nothing to do with throttle housing.

The purpose of my experimentation was to find a good solution for the stock cable and not have to cut the elbow off. Im still running a $10 china universal one and its incredible, just as quick if not quicker than my motion pro revolver with the largest cam but at 1/10th the price.

I have a mx throttle like the domino but untill I know exactly what length throttle cable I need I'm not going to try it.

Thats exactly the domino im using at the moment , works well .

I hadto do a small amount of work but u can get the stock cable to work with it if u remove the elbow and just retain the straight part with the adjuster nut .

I have a cheep quick action throttle to try next , it came with a cable but id like to keep using the stock one .

U can make anything fit and work , just takes a little imagination

Takes more than imagination, ingenuity is a better word.

psych0hans

Country flag
Yeah, that's exactly what my dad said as well, I will make a version 2.0 after I check this for fitment. Thanks a bunch