Dealer says my RC 390 should arrive in March

DavidSim

Country flag
My local KTM dealer just informed me that my 2022 KTM RC 390 on order should arrive some time in March, I live in the Toronto area in Ontario Canada, we shall see.

I am not aware that any have been delivered yet in North America.

DavidSim

Country flag
Teasdale Motorcycles in Britain is advertising RC390's, their ad says they will be available in "Late 2022".

Has anyone heard any more news about any delays lately ?

Attachments

• Arrival Date - 001.jpg
    Arrival Date - 001.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 11

DavidSim

Country flag
Another local dealer here in Ontario has advised me today that he has been told by KTM that RC390s will not arrive at his dealership until at least the May/June timeframe, but who knows at this point because they keep moving the goal posts.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Key phrase: "at the earliest"... KTM has been having... issues... with their channel. I don't envy PacMan nor people who have dropped cash on bikes, or horrendously backordered parts.

DavidSim

Country flag
Cancelled my order this morning and got my deposit back, the dealer does not seem to have any idea when the bikes will beach our shores.

If some bikes actually arrive eventually I will take a look at that time, maybe God is telling me something !

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Cancelled my order this morning and got my deposit back, the dealer does not seem to have any idea when the bikes will beach our shores.

If some bikes actually arrive eventually I will take a look at that time, maybe God is telling me something !
They have an idea. End of May. If you want a definitive date tho, go buy a Ninja 400.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Yes indeed, there are other options, we shall see.
The thing with (most of the historical) RC390 owners is, we tend to be older, have plenty of other bikes in the stable, and a LOT of miles in the saddle. We have patience. I'm not saying you don't, but what my experience has been is that when presented with the wait, younger prospective owners have blurted out something along the lines of "2 MONTHS?!?!!! I might not even want a bike or this bike by then!" where as older guys tend to shrug, hand over the check, and well, we just wait. We play the long game. A few months at the end of the day ain't that big of a deal. As younger riders have been attracted to the RC390 market, and earlier bikes have hit the used bike market, a different owner base has shown up. Less experience. Less mechanical knowledge. More squids. Things like adjusting the valves are a Big Deal(tm) to them, where as older more experienced riders just sorta chuckle as we drop the motor to adjust the valves, put the motor back in, and are done before the younger guy has finished his Tik Tok about how much the dealer wants to charge "just to do a simple service" and starts asking about oil, or tires, or tire pressure, or or or.

So... yeah... the RC390 isn't for everyone. We older *****s are here to help, and we know and remember that we too once were that younger rider who had less patience, less money, and less wrenching and riding experience. The choice to join the RC390 club, is up to you.

DavidSim

Country flag
I am 70 years old, have owned bikes for over 50 years, everything from sport bikes to dirt bikes to drag bikes, have raced MX, Flat Track, Drag Racing. I have also raced cars most of my life, including Drag Racing, Road Racing, etc. I currently own two vintage dirt bikes too, and want another smaller street bike too.

But I don't want someone holding my deposit money for a half year so far, I can do that easily in my own wallet, nor do I want someone continually telling me maybe next month, etc. When KTM finally ships RC390s I will take a look again, but in the meantime I may buy something else if it drags on and on, KTM has handled this situation poorly in my opinion.

I don't need your help, but thanks anyways, and don't be so quick to make assumptions on people, if you wanna tie up your money for half a year or more while people BS you go right ahead !

Attachments

• Drag Bike - 001.jpg
    Drag Bike - 001.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 7
  • CompAuto - 000.jpg
    CompAuto - 000.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Dads Mustang.JPG
    Dads Mustang.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 6
  • MX - 001.jpg
    MX - 001.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 6
  • MX-002.jpg
    MX-002.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Delivery goes to deposits first. No deposit, no chance of getting one, as no bikes will go to ANY dealer without a deposit for a sale. That's just how the KTM channel fulfillment works.

DavidSim

Country flag
Delivery goes to deposits first. No deposit, no chance of getting one, as no bikes will go to ANY dealer without a deposit for a sale. That's just how the KTM channel fulfillment works.
I can live without it if necessary, let's see how it all plays out.

DavidSim

Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about 2022 RC390 release and delivery lately ?

The last I saw was that they are being advertised in the UK for fall delivery.

DavidSim

Country flag
Perhaps there are issues with the new bikes that need to be resolved that are causing the delay (rather than a part shortage), I am not sure who to believe to be honest.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Its a parts delay, there are almost no parts available in the OEM fiche at this time. Additionally I think only about 500 390's have had enough parts to get exported from Bajaj in the last two months so its pretty dire.