Deposit down!

Treachery

Country flag
Main purpose of the thread was to prove that I've put my money where my mouth is. Mailed in the deposit this AM! :D As would be expected, my price is MSRP + tax + freight + doc fee. To my dealer's credit, their doc fees are very reasonable. Some dealers get a buncha money for that. The freight cost isn't known for sure, but we're thinking no more than $450.

So, sometime in March or early April I should be the proud owner of one of the first RC390s in NC!

Woot!

Tanglaw

I've asked 1 dealership here in my city and its unofficial MSRP is $6,300 CDN + 5% tax. No PDI charge :)

rc_Guy

Hi Guys! I just put my deposit (refundable) down as well. This will be my first bike. First anything i brought brand new in over 10 years so not very sure about a good deal and dealer pricing.

Here is the break down... Let me know what you guys think if there is any wiggle room in pricing. Maybe none on MSRP cause its a brand new bike and obviouly taxes are taxes. Maybe room for negotiating with Freight & Handling?

I plan on shopping this around once the bike is in dealerships in Spring to gauge pricing locally.

RC390: $5,499
Frieght: $400
Handling: $367

Sales Tax: $505.68
Doc Fees: $55
Lic Fees: $124

OTD: $6,950.68

Dvcrogers

Man, I was hoping this bike would be more competitively priced than that. I'm not sure I can stomach 7 grand for it. Maybe. Only time will tell.

Treachery

Country flag
My OTD price was just a tick over $6200. That breaks down as I said in the first post. rc_Guy- you may come out lower than that if freight is less. I don't know what "handling" could be...that feels like the inflated doc fees some dealerships charge. AFAIK, that's not a factory line item. Sales tax here is 3%, which is ≈$300+ less than you'd be paying. So, Dvcrogers, your total could be less. But I think for a brand new model, wiggle room on MSRP is going to be slim, unless you have an in with the dealer...which I don't.

rc_Guy

Thanks guys for the input. Like Treachery I don't have any sort of connection with the dealership either. But there are a few KTM dealers in the area I can reach out too to see if they can beat the OTD I currently have. Its good to know "handling" isn't part of the mfg fees so maybe there's some wiggle room. Any bit helps.

sau2004

Hi Guys! I just put my deposit (refundable) down as well. This will be my first bike. First anything i brought brand new in over 10 years so not very sure about a good deal and dealer pricing.

Here is the break down... Let me know what you guys think if there is any wiggle room in pricing. Maybe none on MSRP cause its a brand new bike and obviouly taxes are taxes. Maybe room for negotiating with Freight & Handling?

I plan on shopping this around once the bike is in dealerships in Spring to gauge pricing locally.

RC390: $5,499
Frieght: $400
Handling: $367

Sales Tax: $505.68
Doc Fees: $55
Lic Fees: $124

OTD: $6,950.68

Hey RC guy, which dealership did you go to?

VAG944

Man, I was hoping this bike would be more competitively priced than that. I'm not sure I can stomach 7 grand for it. Maybe. Only time will tell.

They compare the RC to the other 300ish cc bikes but it has; better suspension, brakes, frame and almost all other parts........I think it's worth the extra $$. :)

KennyFish

They compare the RC to the other 300ish cc bikes but it has; better suspension, brakes, frame and almost all other parts........I think it's worth the extra $$. :)

I agree with an MSRP of 5499 your getting a helluva a lot more of a bike over a cbr500r, ninja 300 etc.

ClassicSauber87

Yeah it absolutely beats out its competitors. When shopping around, I couldn't justify buying anything else, I would have regretted it forever haha. Can't wait for mine either!!

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Put my deposit down last wknd. My breakdown is;
$5499.00
$400.00 freight
$400.00 setup
= 6299.00
- $400 "SALE BIKE PROMO"
=5899.00

I will also be paying sales tax, doc etc.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Hm. The "setup fee" is a knobjob. The dealer is responsible for setup and delivery of the bike in proper, serviceable condition. Any failure to perform those measures would be addressed under warranty. IMO, that's just extra profit on top of the existing margin. The margin may or may not be slim, but that's between the dealer and KTM, not you and the dealer. Doc fees are frequently inflated (I know of BMW dealers who get $4-600 on the big bikes; car dealers are worse). To some extent, you're giving them $200, and giving yourself $200 "store credit."

Don't mean to be a wet blanket, and you may have no leverage at all, but that's my (possibly biased) read.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
While I'm not a fan of those fees either, They seem to be common here in the PNW. Only one of the five dealers I contacted "said" there would be no setup fee. They are also 3+hrs away from me.

motoarch

A Boston dealer is saying sometime in April for delivery. He dosent have a specific date yet.

That's just his area though. Could very if you're on west coast I imagen

guzz46

Whats a setup fee? the only extra I had to pay was registration fees, but then the bike is more expensive down here, $10,000 NZ, or $7,400 US.