Deposit down!

Treachery

Country flag
A Boston dealer is saying sometime in April for delivery. He dosent have a specific date yet.
You can't ride in Boston until after April anyway...

Yeah, southerners gloat about that s**t. Talk to me about how pleasant August is down here. ;)

motoarch

I do track days in April and October, what you talkin bout. :p

ride from mid March to late November. it can get chilly but I guess I'm just use to it. 45 and above I ride

Last edited:

Scratcher

Put $2,000 down. My dealer is off to Hawaii.

they did add $400 for "dealer prep" which brings my OTD total to $7,100 (that includes taxes).

Scratcher

My dealer said to expect delivery of my bike by the end of March, North East Ohio.

He also said KTM dealers are limited to only two RC390's and not all dealers will get them.

Treachery

Country flag
Both of those things match what my dealer said. The two only is likely to be out of the first wave. If production keeps up with sales, they'll ship more bikes.

motoarch

Might be bad news for me. I put down a deposit months ago but my dealer told me I was the third deposit. Looks like I'll be on the phone tommorrow.

motoarch

My dealer says he's expecting four and never heard anything about a 2 bike limit in Hawaii.

He ordered 11.

Hopefully he's right cause I'd like to get mine in first shipment. Fingers crossed.

Treachery

Country flag
I'm waiting for the weather to improve at least a little bit so I can put the bike I need to clear out (to make room for the RC) up for sale. Anybody want/need a BMW F800R?

I'm supposedly the top of my dealer's order list. Hate to have to explain to SWMBO that there's no room in the garage for her car.

Biker

Country flag
I'm waiting for the weather to improve at least a little bit so I can put the bike I need to clear out (to make room for the RC) up for sale. Anybody want/need a BMW F800R?

I'm supposedly the top of my dealer's order list. Hate to have to explain to SWMBO that there's no room in the garage for her car.

Best of luck! Just make sure you are fully kitted up in protective biking gear!

Matt

Put my deposit down last wknd. My breakdown is;
$5499.00
$400.00 freight
$400.00 setup
= 5899.00
+ $200 in store credit

I will also be paying sales tax, doc etc.

I'm from SoCal and the non-flagship dealers out here always inflate their Dealer Assembly and Freight fees to ~$1,500. Whereas the KTM only dealers usually tie in a flat rate for these related fees at ~$500 if not any. IMO I think these bikes are going to go to the highest bidder regardless of the dealer once they're finally available. These bikes have been anticipated for nearly a year now all while the dealers are accepting as many refundable deposits as they can get.

And even though your total appears to be missing one of the $400 charges, i'd say it'd still be a great deal if you got the bike in the first batch of shipment for that estimate.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I'm from SoCal and the non-flagship dealers out here always inflate their Dealer Assembly and Freight fees to ~$1,500. Whereas the KTM only dealers usually tie in a flat rate for these related fees at ~$500 if not any. IMO I think these bikes are going to go to the highest bidder regardless of the dealer once they're finally available. These bikes have been anticipated for nearly a year now all while the dealers are accepting as many refundable deposits as they can get.

And even though your total appears to be missing one of the $400 charges, i'd say it'd still be a great deal if you got the bike in the first batch of shipment for that estimate.
Matt, I have a deposit at two different dealers in Oregon. The first assured me that I am 2nd with a deposit down. The 2nd dealer is telling me that they have no other deposits, which seems almost unbelievable to me. However the 2nd dealer has zero fees for shipping or setup. At this point I'm just playing their games, so only time will tell which gets my $$.

K75s

Mine is in. Picking it up May 1st. On vacation right now.
Maine dealer.
$5598.00 w/o fees. Registering it back home in Vermont. I am a very happy old man. Last new bike (still own) a 1992 BMW K75s.

winternights

Hi I'm in Phoenix area and I was quoted about $7500 from one dealer so I went to another and they told me its about the same. Anybody pay this much for these bikes?

winternights

Thanks Chris that sounds a lot better.

Fasteddy the dealer here is also $5500 msrp but they want a ridiculous amount for their other fees.