Deposit down!

Chris The Welder

Geoff is a good guy, he will hook you up. Tell him I sent you, it might not get you any special treatment but I'm happy to spread the word because he didn't try any of that extra fee stuff with me. Unfortunately, I have bought from dealers like that.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Well thats apparent, and the deal out in Avondale sounds pretty good, not sure what the taxes are, But wondering how many units there are in the whole valley? Up here it seems that most dealers only got a couple delivered...

Chris The Welder

Here are the numbers. Freight $230, Tax $428, Title$37, Docs $299. Number of units total here in Arizona? I'm wondering that too Fasteddy. I placed my order months ago, I think it surprised them. Where I live I'm used to getting on a waiting list for bikes. when the YZ 450 came out the dealer in my town had 20 people wanting one and was only allotted 2 bikes. Anyway, surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in the RC here, yet. I was the first one to show interest at Moto City and judging from the fact that they only ordered 2 of them, one for me, the other for their demo bike, I was the only one. S there you have it. That's all I know about that. One last thing, I'm damn sure the only person around here that has one. Sure get lots of looks on the road.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I know what you mean about the looks, it turns heads everywhere! Your freight was half of mine but no sales tax here in Oregon, although I would trade that any day to be back in Arizona weather! I used to live out by Avondale back when the I 10 ended at Buckeye, used to get up to Prescott too, Sounds like there are more RC's around Portland then all of Arizona...

winternights

I'll pay him a visit tomorrow and see if he has one. The salesman at GoAz told me they initially had 4 of them and they never even hit the showroom floor and they get two a month. The manager at ridenow in chandler wanted $7500 otd (barely got him to give me the final price) and they had one on the showroom floor.

K75s

Picking mine up tomorrow in Maine. Just registered it today. OTD price $6003. Vermont 6% sales tax. Insurance, liability only $61 per year through Progressive.

Abhi9cr7

A Boston dealer is saying sometime in April for delivery. He dosent have a specific date yet.

That's just his area though. Could very if you're on west coast I imagen

I am planning to put in deposit for 2017 version this weekend. The dealers still have no idea on when they might receive the stock. How are the dealerships in boston about servicing costs? How much would it be for 600Mile service and valve adjustment stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaede

I am planning to put in deposit for 2017 version this weekend. The dealers still have no idea on when they might receive the stock.

Don't hold your breath. KTM seems to be pretty bad at providing a firm delivery date to most North American Dealers. I placed my deposit down early March and still waiting. Not that I am in a rush, but checked back to my dealer a couple times since then and they couldn't give me any information or any ETA at all besides maybe sometime April or Early May. We'll see =/

As far as the first service at 600 miles, i am planning to do everything myself (oil service, coolant, radiator fan, etc.) besides valve adjustments since I am a big noob and don't wanta fiddle around with the Engine itself. No clue what it'll cost, i will ask when i finally pick up the rc. Thanks!

Abhi9cr7

Don't hold your breath. KTM seems to be pretty bad at providing a firm delivery date to most North American Dealers. I placed my deposit down early March and still waiting. Not that I am in a rush, but checked back to my dealer a couple times since then and they couldn't give me any information or any ETA at all besides maybe sometime April or Early May. We'll see =/

As far as the first service at 600 miles, i am planning to do everything myself (oil service, coolant, radiator fan, etc.) besides valve adjustments since I am a big noob and don't wanta fiddle around with the Engine itself. No clue what it'll cost, i will ask when i finally pick up the rc. Thanks!

I was terrified after reading the engine gasket problems. Good to know that I am not the only one buying 2017 version. I am also planning to do all the servicing myself except engine. The valve stuff in RC390 seems to be as sensitive as SpaceX reusable rocket.

isaac_

I am *tying* to get my deposit back. I was waiting on a 2017 to race this season and the dealership kept telling me march. Well it's April and nothing yet. I went out and bought a 2016. I couldn't wait any longer.

Abhi9cr7

I am *tying* to get my deposit back. I was waiting on a 2017 to race this season and the dealership kept telling me march. Well it's April and nothing yet. I went out and bought a 2016. I couldn't wait any longer.

They released 2017 Duke 390 yesterday. So, I think they might start shipping out the motorcycles this week. I think they wanted to ship them together. BTW, the new Duke 390 looks sick..! It has the same headlights as Super Duke.

kaede

I was terrified after reading the engine gasket problems. Good to know that I am not the only one buying 2017 version. I am also planning to do all the servicing myself except engine. The valve stuff in RC390 seems to be as sensitive as SpaceX reusable rocket.

I am also quite disappointed in the reliability issues that the previous year models suffered. However, I personally just love the looks and the performance offering from the RC390 to overlook that. Really hope that the QC and reliability issues have been addressed. Coupled with new models coming out this year (1290 super duke and duke 390), fingers crossed that the 2017's aren't as bad.

That being said, definitely going to address the heat issues by doing the radiator cap, engine ice, as well as fan upgrade preemptively. Also instead of breaking it in and doing the first oil service at 600miles i'll be doing extra's in between (planned to do 3... one at 60miles, one at 200, and another at 400).

I'll get my 600 miles valve adjustment service done by shop because I am a noob at motorcycles and just don't feel confident enough to tackle it myself unless i COMPLETELY remove the engine (which seems like a PITA)... Cheers!

cornerslider

I sold my 2016 RC390 a month ago...... GREAT bike- ZERO problems, 50/50 street/track in 2,000 miles. If my 48 year old body would still allow me to ride it effectively on-track, I would still have it.... I ordered a 2017 Duke 390 (who'd have thought I'd get "old")... At any rate, I'm pretty sure this will be my last KTM. After being told "February" last year (got my RC on May 19th), and "easily be here in March" this year (I hear crickets right now)..... I'm DONE [emoji736] with KTM going forward. I'm going to miss about a third of my (pre-paid) track days this year...... If my wife didn't have a CBR250R that I can use as a "back-up" bike, I'd be REALLY pissed [emoji35]...... KTM really needs to do a MUCH better job of communicating with their North American dealers-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bud

Has anyone checked around for pricing on the 17' RC390 yet? I received a price today of $5800 OTD. Dealer told me he should have it in by the end of the week.

kaede

Has anyone checked around for pricing on the 17' RC390 yet? I received a price today of $5800 OTD. Dealer told me he should have it in by the end of the week.

That's including tax i suppose when you mean OTD?

My dealer here in Canada is $7665.28 CAD OTD including taxes and fees. That equates to approx. $5590 USD. Also here where i am taxes are 12%. I ordered one and they STILL cannot tell me when it will be arriving...
I'm lucky enough to found a 2015 for $5400 CAD w/1500km only that i picked up instead. Couldn't wait any more as our riding season here in the pacific north west is rather short.

Cheers!

bud

That's including tax i suppose when you mean OTD?

My dealer here in Canada is $7665.28 CAD OTD including taxes and fees. That equates to approx. $5590 USD. Also here where i am taxes are 12%. I ordered one and they STILL cannot tell me when it will be arriving...
I'm lucky enough to found a 2015 for $5400 CAD w/1500km only that i picked up instead. Couldn't wait any more as our riding season here in the pacific north west is rather short.

Cheers!

Yeah, out the door (OTD) price I was told 5800 total. I could get a used 2015 with 4k right now for $3200 but it sounds like the reliability isn't great with the 15' and 16' models.

kaede

Yeah, out the door (OTD) price I was told 5800 total. I could get a used 2015 with 4k right now for $3200 but it sounds like the reliability isn't great with the 15' and 16' models.

Hi Bud, I am too concerned about the reliability. Absolutely taking a risk with the used 15' but I just don't want to wait anymore. When the 17' shows up in our showroom I am sure I'll go check it out and maybe trade up for it (for the added upgrades - Throttle by Wire, Bigger Brakes, Slipper Clutch, adjustable levers etc.) I'm lucky enough to have purchased the 15' off of my motorcycle instructor which made a deal with me to buy back at $5k CAD within 1 year (given, if nothing bad happens to it and that it is still mechanically sound). Not going to do all the mods just yet, I have stocked up on the radiator cap and engine ice and those are the only things i'll be doing on the 15' leaving the spal fan maybe for the future 17' if i decide to trade up.

No Longer term ownership reports for the 17' either, so maybe i'll wait probably till fall/winter to see if 1) i can score a better deal then, and 2) see if any of the same issues with the 15' and 16' shows up.

Cheers!