ebay rearsets reverse shift

eirik95

Just bought a set of ebay rearsets because I am cheap. A pain to assemble, and had to shorten a couple bolts. But seems like ok quality, hasnt broken and killed me yet....
I want to try reverse shift pattern on the set, but it doesnt seem to be possible. Anyone got a set and know of a way? Or anyone see a way I cant see? Picture is of rearset with normal shift

20170817_180930.jpg

mdabyo

Country flag
dont look too bad, to revers you need to turn the arm connecting to the engine from pointing to the ground to pointing up. i cant tell in the pic if there is clearance to dop that. but there should be..

eirik95

dont look too bad, to revers you need to turn the arm connecting to the engine from pointing to the ground to pointing up. i cant tell in the pic if there is clearance to dop that. but there should be..
Ahh, ofcourse.. why didnt I think of that. I reversed the paddle thingy itself, but there wasnt clearance. Will try this soon! Thank you :)

How's the eBay rearset otherwise? Can you send a link? I thought about getting the $105 ones from China. I got levers from China that I've been happy about, but these are a bit more sophisticated.

mdabyo

Country flag
I am likly going to order an ebay set as a backup set for race weekends, at the last round i crashed and broke the ktm race ones in half. cost me the rest of the weekend. and they are stupid expensive to have a spare set of them. LOL

eirik95

How's the eBay rearset otherwise? Can you send a link? I thought about getting the $105 ones from China. I got levers from China that I've been happy about, but these are a bit more sophisticated.

The rearsets are pretty good for the price, only thing is Im not a fan of the foldable pegs. Otherwise they seem good quality-wise actually. Light and good machined parts, seems like strong steel too. Probably the same thing from China everyone you can find on ebay. Otherwise the HotBodies rearsets have a nice price if you feel like it.

eirik95

I am likly going to order an ebay set as a backup set for race weekends, at the last round i crashed and broke the ktm race ones in half. cost me the rest of the weekend. and they are stupid expensive to have a spare set of them. LOL

Exactly! now pair that with being a young student and one can understand why cheap China rearsets are a viable option haha

mdabyo

Country flag
i have been thinking about drilling out the pegs on my KTM ones and mounting vortex pegs. would probably do the same thing hear. I hate slipper pegs and vortex ones are amazing!

-Jason

CDN Duke

Country flag
Thats a good idea, may have to try this solution.
Setup with eBay rearsets on '16 Duke
bd0028671dcbe310275e3fae31a19bc1.jpg

green_bread

Country flag
i have been thinking about drilling out the pegs on my KTM ones and mounting vortex pegs. would probably do the same thing hear. I hate slipper pegs and vortex ones are amazing!

-Jason

If you do that, look in to the Driven pegs. They mount the same way, but they grind down and break a LOT easier/better than the Woodcraft/Vortex pegs Ive used in the past. They are more similar to the design on the GP bikes. I love them, personally.

CDN Duke

Country flag
Link to the eBay pegs you bought?

Not sure who you're asking boogieman065, but these are the ones I bought for the Duke Adjustable Rearset Foot Rest Peg Rear Set For KTM Duke 125 200 390 2011-2016 US

[FONT=&amp]eBay item number: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]112479208937

[/FONT]

The RC390 versions are a bit different: Adjustable Rearsets Footrest Peg Rear Set Fit 2014-2017 KTM RC 125 200 390 RC390 | eBay
[FONT=&amp]122018088159[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

EDIT - my ebay links show 'vigilink' pages, anyone know why?

Last edited:
Not sure who you're asking boogieman065, but these are the ones I bought for the Duke Adjustable Rearset Foot Rest Peg Rear Set For KTM Duke 125 200 390 2011-2016 US

[FONT=&amp]112479208937

[/FONT]

The RC390 versions are a bit different: Adjustable Rearsets Footrest Peg Rear Set Fit 2014-2017 KTM RC 125 200 390 RC390 | eBay
[FONT=&amp]122018088159[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

EDIT - my ebay links show 'vigilink' pages, anyone know why?
Thanks! I'll look into it

I bought and am using the ones from China from "Sweet Pigster" Yes silly name but they are pretty good quality. The pegs do not fold with this set. Yes they will be a pain to install as they come with no instructions. Do buy the 300 Ninja shifter piece mentioned in this string as it helps the install. parillaguy