Ebay rearsets

Ktmpro

Well I started to try to figure out how to install cheep Chinese rearsets.... Really wish they came with instructions but so far I'm using pictures from other forum members.. you tube videos form other manufacturers and a parts diagram from a similar style set. My question is... the stock rearsets have a collar installed on both sides....where the main swing arm bolt runs through .... it requires special tool does anyone know if this is omitted or reused it.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 144

green_bread

Country flag
I would say that it would depend on if the bolt fits in there without it, or not. Have you tried it yet?

"eBay" is not a brand of rearsets, so its going to be difficult for people to give you help on specific parts without pics/details of what youre working with on the aftermarket rearsets.

Last edited:

Ktmpro

IMG_2065.jpgeBay certainly not a brand so to correct my omission here are the rearsets in question, they are the same units that have been talked about on a long thread here.as far as bolt use there are no threads in the new rearsets but there is a large mount of clearance as if youcouod use a spacer.

Ryanthegreat1

Yes that insert gets reused. No real special tool required, I used a tire spoon to twist mine out. They are not in there tight, you could probably just use your fingers. They also don't get torqued tight on install, just snug so there is no play between the swingarm and rearset.

Ktmpro

No joy mine were tight had to cut down a socket and once I got that going the spacers came out. I appreciate the reply.IMG_2074.jpg