ECK Racing EX #871 2017 LRRS Round 1

isaac_

I hope no one minds me posting my race reports here! They're partly RC390 related :) You'll just have to tolerate the SV. She's a keeper.

A bit of context. I race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire. The Loudon Road Racing Series (LRRS) is part of Championship Cup Series (CCS). Loudon is a short, quite technical track. It's maybe 1.6 miles long. Here is a track map.

2017 LRRS Round 1 Recap:

1) I tried joining the NASA space program. Application is pending review. Judges gave me 8/10 on launch, but I'm protesting. I say that was a solid 9/10. I mean... you have to give me points for launching an RC390 + rider off the start a good 2-3 feet off the ground. I got on the bike and started my race but pulled in on lap 2 as the clutch lever twisted on the clip on 90 degrees as I go into turn 1.

2) Teens on the SV plus a handful of low 20s. Not bad for round 1 coming off a concussion from last year AND having to switch from a ultralight (RC) to a lightweight (SV) bike. The braking markers are miles apart. [For context, on an SV Experts run on avg 1:17s-1:21s, Amateurs 1:21-1:26, Novices 1:26+]

3) First expert podium with a 2nd place in UL300 hitting solid 23s. Podium + 23s on first weekend on a new bike, the season can only get better. [For Context, 23s is a FAST lap on an RC. The #1 guy in this class runs a 22 on a kawaski ninja that's built. Unlike him, my bike has to remain "production". They do this to keep class parity.]

4) Crashing in the rain is a little like slip 'n slide. And slide... And slide... but one that's very forgiving. Got up and rejoined the race.

5) The sound of a broken fender (see #4 above) on a tire at speed sounds oddly like an old-school ambulance.

Thank you team and sponsors: ECK Racing, Spears Racing, GMD Computrack Boston, SkidMarkRacing, MTAG-Pirelli, Pine Motor Parts, Manchester Honda/KTM

See you at round 2!

Isaac

isaac_

I also want to thank matt at formula390 for overnighting a t44 rear sprocket which was definitely part of my success. Without it I would have been severely geared too short everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major

I saw your launch, holy cow that was violent! 23's on a 40 something horsepower motorcycle is very very impressive! I raced 10 years ago at Loudon on a SV, looking to give it another go on a RC later this summer, see you in July!

isaac_

I saw your launch, holy cow that was violent! 23's on a 40 something horsepower motorcycle is very very impressive! I raced 10 years ago at Loudon on a SV, looking to give it another go on a RC later this summer, see you in July!

Have we met? Stop by Center 1 (ECK Racing garages) and come say hi!

Major

I don't believe we have met, I saw your set-up in center garage (back in the day I had garage #21). I will be supporting a friend during the classic weekend so will stop by.