Ergo Seat Pixhttp://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/showcardetailing/Photobucket%2

octaneguy

Ergo Seat Pix

Today I got my Ergo seat and it's great! Lots more cushion than the OEM seat. I also added an accessory port for a USB iPhone charger. If you purchase this kit, ignore the instructions about taking apart the fairing. You can see the wires right under the steering column and just pull them out and plug the wires in. I had to replace the european accessory port with a standard US one.

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

Last edited:

Arahant

Country flag
Looks good, if it didn't raise the seat level I would buy one in a heartbeat but i already wish stock height was abit lower, but if your taller thats probably a bonus.

octaneguy

I just road nearly 250 miles this past weekend on my RC390 with 5 other riders and it was a blast. My tush was a tiny bit sore after the all day ride, but nothing like it was when I had the OEM seat. I really love the Ergo seat. For this ride, I also bought a pair of Cortech Adrenaline Leather Pants and I was able to easily slide off the seat for leaning into turns without any problems.

Treachery

Country flag
I'm pleased with the Ergo seat as well. It definitely looks the biz. As to height; yeah, it lifts you up a bit, but with my 29+" inseam, everything is tallish, so...

Bagwell

Country flag
I am pleased too, the OEM one doesnt take long to start hurting. The Ergo seat is well worth the 125 or whatever it costs.

rick

This is an old thread but, I'm curious if the ergo seat has metal hooks up front or plastic ones like the stock seat.

When I pulled my stock seat off for the very first time I found that it hadn't been lined up correctly and the plastic hook was bent to the side. Add a few hundred miles of me sitting on it and it's a little beat up and I worry that those plastic hooks wont last forever.

kings4thecup

had to get the seat within the 1st week of owning the bike bc the stock one is so uncomfortable...its worth buying however wearing my 1 piece I slide a good amount

rick

It looks pretty and I'm not to proud to admit that the seat can get a little hard during extended lane splitting sessions. So, it's definitely on my list ...after suspension though. :)

RobbiRob76

Just ordered mine Saturday... I was a Honda Franchise owner before I sold the dealership and moved to So Cal. I cant understand why KTM dealers don't keep one on the shelf? I you have sold (3) RC's or more, this is a low MSRP impulse buy I would have added at time of purchase or at first service!!!

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Just ordered mine Saturday... I was a Honda Franchise owner before I sold the dealership and moved to So Cal. I cant understand why KTM dealers don't keep one on the shelf? I you have sold (3) RC's or more, this is a low MSRP impulse buy I would have added at time of purchase or at first service!!!

Agree with you.

Every time we get one in our store, it sells almost immediately.

Soooo much better then stock.

MotoKam

I've had my Ergo seat for about 12,000 miles and it should be an obvious up sell for every KTM dealer!

The stock seat chaps the butt after just 30 minutes or so. With the Ergo seat, I've spent up to 10 hours in the saddle in a day without complaint.

OldVet

I've had my Ergo seat for about 12,000 miles and it should be an obvious up sell for every KTM dealer!

The stock seat chaps the butt after just 30 minutes or so. With the Ergo seat, I've spent up to 10 hours in the saddle in a day without complaint.

12K on a RC390 :confused:, if so good job :p

Actually my buddy and I do 350 mile days on 390s and really don't have any issues with the stock seat...