EVAP delete

Tom

I installed the Rottweiler EVAP delete kit the other day. I had a quick question about closing off the small tube that goes from the charcoal canister to the gas tank. I noticed today, that when I went to fill my tank (it was still about 1/3 full) there was suction on the fuel cap when I opened it.

I know the large tube needs to be plugged, as it goes to the head, but the tube that goes to the gas tank has me worried that the tank may build up vacuum as the fuel level drops. Has anyone else noticed this?

If I didn't simply imagine the vacuum sound as I opened the fuel lid, then I fear that if the pump has to work against the vacuum it creates, it may accelerate wear on the pump. Not to mention, I would assume this would change the fuel pressure as the take becomes more void of fuel.

John390

the tank needs a vent. that hose needs to be open, but you might want to filter it? little filter of some sort.

SnotRkt

I deleted mine, just capped the solenoid off on the canister side and left it connected to the ecu. I left the other hose long and ran it down to the bottom of the bike and did not cap it, I think you need to take the cap off as to not create a vacuum in the tank.

Tom

Thanks guys, I went ahead and removed the plug. I think I'll look into a more creative way to route the take hose, as I'm not too keen on having the tube vent fumes (and possible gas droplets) so close to the header. Right now it's just the segment that goes into what use to go into the "Y" tee for the charcoal canister. The biggest fear I have is gas drops infront of my rear tire's contact patch. Do you guys think im just being paranoid, or is it worth looking into routing to some sort of collection area?

Last edited:

SnotRkt

I have mine just dropping out the bottom but if it suits you get a small catch can that you can check frequently.

Tom

I think I'll just stick with the same setup as you. Thinking about it, I think it may be a bad idea to have a reservoir of flammable liquid built up outside of the fuel tank.

mattv

Country flag
I used a little bit of fuel line I had lying around and reused the existing Y connectors:
attachment.php

Tom

I wound up just being lazy and using the tap to vent to atmosphere, with the catch can's tube (with the little filter thinggy at the bottom) as an extra drain line down to the under fairing. I figure if I burst into flames riding down the highway, maybe I'll turn into Ghost Rider.

Daner

Country flag
I used a little bit of fuel line I had lying around and reused the existing Y connectors:
attachment.php
I know this is an old post, but I am in the process of doing this, where do you have that blue hose from the y connector routed to? I don't understand why that's necessary for anything?

fostytou

Country flag
I know this is an old post, but I am in the process of doing this, where do you have that blue hose from the y connector routed to? I don't understand why that's necessary for anything?
That's the vent for the fuel tank they are talking about in the second post. The tank needs to vent to prevent vacuum/pressure.