Feeling a bit retarded, instructions for belly pan

ArkansasDave

Can someone please help me? For the life of me I can't figure out how the left fairing stay attaches. I have stock rearsets. Pictures would be nice for all the connections.

Also tyga I'm a little disappointed it doesn't come with instructions.

DCMoney

Country flag
Also a warning for people with stock exhaust. You will have to modify the pan so you don't hit the exhaust.

I didn't have to modify the bellypans with my two stock exhaust RC's. Once you get the bodywork in the right spot it fits just fine.

I'll take pictures of the bracket installed tonight.

ArkansasDave

There is no way that mine was going to fit without modifying it. Even after removing 1/2" of material it still hits the exhaust. And that's with the front and right side bolted up so not sure how it would be in the wrong spot.

DCMoney

Country flag
There is no way that mine was going to fit without modifying it. Even after removing 1/2" of material it still hits the exhaust. And that's with the front and right side bolted up so not sure how it would be in the wrong spot.

You asked how the bellypan attaches so how can you be sure you have it in the right spot?

Not sure what to tell you, I've got bellypans on 2 stock exhaust bikes with no interference but they are installed correctly.

I'll take more pics tonight.

ArkansasDave

I've got in 4 of the 5 correct spots and it was hitting the exhaust and a real pain to get it on the right hand rear mounting point till I trimmed it.

I'm also not sure how I was expected to know to take out a major structural bolt to put a bracket on without instructions telling me to.

DCMoney

Country flag
cFCmC7j.gif

tumblr_mj896jXSzy1qjirrjo1_400.gif

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys,

Sorry for all the confusion. We are in process of making instructions which will be provided with the products and also available for download off the site.

@ ArkansasDave apologies for your inconvenience. Feel free to drop us an email if you have any difficulties with any parts and we'll do our best to help out. That goes for everyone of course.

We're pretty confident that the bellypan etc can be fitted without too much trouble, as we were quite shocked with the poor fitment of the proper race parts, which is why we made our own with a bunch of modifications for better fitment. The race parts we got didn't even have the left hand stay, so not entirely sure how it was supposed to be secured in the first place!

ArkansasDave

Thanks Matt, I got it worked out and unless I'm still being retarded I had fitment issues with the stock exhaust but nothing a dremel couldn't fix. All is well and I will pass tech this weekend. Thanks for the cheaper option and fast shipping.

DC if you could do pics of the two rear connections and how it goes around the exhaust that would be awesome.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Were the instructions ever posted to your site? I havent attempted a install im sure i will figure it out on the shift side but cant really see how the right side fits up.

Rocketracer11

You asked how the bellypan attaches so how can you be sure you have it in the right spot?

Not sure what to tell you, I've got bellypans on 2 stock exhaust bikes with no interference but they are installed correctly.

I'll take more pics tonight.

DC, looks like your running standard shift pattern, will this belly not work with GP shift? Or is some hacking necessary?
thx