FiBaaa

ToraTora

Country flag
I should probably wait a while to post this--like once I have it actually mounted on the bike, but ah, well...

There's a bit of a story that goes with this little treat. My friend Greg got me checking out the Tyga website. I noticed that they make some parts for an Aprilia, but the model number didn't actually exist (RSV125). With a bit more investigation I figure out what they really meant was an RS4. I packed that knowledge away for a time when it would become relevant.

Later on Matt of Formula 390 announced that he was becoming the US distributer of Tyga KTM 390 parts. I inquired if he would be abel to get other items. He said he would check into it for me, but that it wouldn't happen until he made another big order, and that would probably take a long time. That long time was incredible short!

While I really wasn't prepared Matt made it easy enough that I could actually get the part that I had figured would work on the Wicked GPR. This was a short time ago, and today it showed up. :)

I apologize for the bad photos. Eventually I'll get some with proper lighting. :p The unit itself is absolutely gorgeous. Tyga's fiber guy is amazing.
IMG_2844_zps34ros6jm.jpg

IMG_2845_zpsobu0teu0.jpg

IMG_2848_zpsdw2xyysp.jpg

IMG_2846_zps6oep9xyn.jpg

IMG_2849_zps7o4co0ag.jpg

IMG_2850_zps3rbcuve6.jpg

IMG_2851_zpskqykuzph.jpg

IMG_2852_zps5dpsyzrq.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Great write-up and good photos. Don't be too hard on yourself there. :) It looks GREAT on the bike, and am happy I was able to get the part in with my bulk order and save you a ton on shipping. :) Shipping that carbon bodywork is like shipping nothing but packing peanuts sometimes. I just laugh when I package up a box, plug in the package dimensions and shipping info... and UPS comes back and tells me that for a box the size of X x Y x Z the weight allowance is something like 38# and I've got MAYBE 4-5 lbs of items in the box.

That's partially why when folks order, I recommend ordering as much as possible at the time as I can many times pack the shipment a few ways and get the cubic inches down to as small as possible, but still we WELL under the weight assignment for the package of that size. So, dropping something else in the box like a sprocket, the GoPro/Camera/phone/Lap timer RAM mount, or other "heavier than carbon and not bulky" bit can many times just slip into the box and not increase the cost of shipping at all. :) UPS (and FedEx and USPS) are WEIRD sometimes in how they calculate shipping costs!!!!!!!

ToraTora

Country flag
Must haz Moaaa Fi Baaa

Yeah. ;) If there was more I would have probably gone for it. If Tyga made carbon GPR parts I would order them. I've been able to find two sources for fiberglass farings in France. I'm probably going to go with one of those. But man having this Tyga fender just bums me out that they don't make the rest of the stuff for the GPR. ¯ \_(ツ)_/¯

But hey Matt thanks so much for making the fender action happen. :)

IMG_2110_zpsyfz4jhfd.jpg