First Race Weekend on the RC390

louis041

Country flag
First weekend racing the RC390 with WERA at Talladega GP, ended up racing in the E and F superstock class and came away with three podiums in four races. Excited to see how the rest of the season goes.

x9m88tB.jpg

CZ10Q0i.jpg

Louis

D

Deleted member 3050

First weekend racing the RC390 with WERA at Talladega GP, ended up racing in the E and F superstock class and came away with three podiums in four races. Excited to see how the rest of the season goes.

x9m88tB.jpg

CZ10Q0i.jpg

Louis
Congrats RC being used in the natural environment it was designed for
Still waiting for UK trackdays to get going again

D

Deleted member 3050

Thank you, love the bike on track, especially after changing out the rear shock.
I'm lucky enough to have an R model so sorted suspension
IMG_20190726_124102_copy_851x638.jpgScreenshot_20210224-170938_copy_932x727.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kostean

Country flag
Whoa, change the chain from 520 to 420 or 415- several HP lost there with that massive and unneeded rotating mass. Also frame sliders- I recommend to remove these for track use as when getting stuck at something when falling they do more harm than save- 390 frame is not cheap to replace and these massive R&G siders attachment design is not well though trough.

Last edited:

louis041

Country flag
Whoa, change the chain from 520 to 420 or 415- several HP lost there with that massive and unneeded rotating mass. Also frame sliders- I recommend to remove these for track use as when getting stuck at something when falling they do more harm than save- 390 frame is not cheap to replace and these massive R&G siders attachment design is not well though trough.

Good point, the paint is also flaking and I have not been very happy with any R&G product I have purchased.

kostean

Country flag
Yeah, the paint at the frame plate attachments seems to peel off at all of them. Track tip for damage control- use steering stopper from Gray Area store, this will keep the handlebar as a supporting/sliding element when falling and we have had several crashes where the side panels have only minor scraping as the handlebar saves the day. Well, obviously you need to replace the handlebar tube after such crash, but that is a relatively cheap item in comparison with a side panel of 390, especially when using the OEM plastic ones that cost a fortune.

....and anyway, racing on street setup is an expensive gamble, rc390 front end from support frame to fairing is made out of glass like substance :rolleyes:

louis041

Country flag
Yeah, the paint at the frame plate attachments seems to peel off at all of them. Track tip for damage control- use steering stopper from Gray Area store, this will keep the handlebar as a supporting/sliding element when falling and we have had several crashes where the side panels have only minor scraping as the handlebar saves the day. Well, obviously you need to replace the handlebar tube after such crash, but that is a relatively cheap item in comparison with a side panel of 390, especially when using the OEM plastic ones that cost a fortune.

....and anyway, racing on street setup is an expensive gamble, rc390 front end from support frame to fairing is made out of glass like substance :rolleyes:

Yes, steering stop is on the list and woodcraft handlebar tubes are fairly inexpensive. When you say the front end support frame do you mean the front fairing stay?

kostean

Country flag
When you say the front end support frame do you mean the front fairing stay?

Yes, that stay is first of all heavy as heck, and secondly, is made out of glass like plastic and will shatter into million pieces if hit hard enough. OEM piece is more expensive to replace than just to get an aluminium racing intended one. These aluminium ones are also great for a quick trackside repair, usually you can "convince" these to get back to relative ok shape after a crash.