Fitted Rearsets

owspeed

Country flag
Fitted a set last month.

Used at the track Friday. Worked great and much better clearance plus improved grip.
Highly recommend.

William
Santa Cruz, CaIMG_9431.jpg20150715_152831.jpg20150715_152859.jpg20150814_101607.jpg

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Great stuff William.

I've since had the pleasure of an angry track attack on the RC390. What a proper little race bike! I'd say that KTM borrowed heavily from what they've learned in Moto3 when they built the frame and set the geometry. Wasn't too impressed with the brakes though. Well, the ABS to be specific. Kept kicking in hard on the anchors into a couple of corners, making me run wide. That definitely needs throwing away if you use the bike full time on the track!

guzz46

Great stuff William.

I've since had the pleasure of an angry track attack on the RC390. What a proper little race bike! I'd say that KTM borrowed heavily from what they've learned in Moto3 when they built the frame and set the geometry. Wasn't too impressed with the brakes though. Well, the ABS to be specific. Kept kicking in hard on the anchors into a couple of corners, making me run wide. That definitely needs throwing away if you use the bike full time on the track!

I agree about the ABS, on my first few rides the ABS would engage when doing emergency stops, disconnecting the rear ABS sensor cable is the easiest way to permanently disable it.

psych0hans

Country flag
You can turn the ABS off. There is a hidden button on the dash on the bottom left corner.

ktm-390-duke-detail-shot-instrument-cluster-2342013-m15_560x420.jpg

Last edited:

guzz46

You can turn ABS off via the dash, but you have to do that every time you turn the bike on, which is really annoying if you want to disable it permanently.

owspeed

Country flag
Great stuff William.

I went the route of first fitting the 320mm disc and the better EBC pads to see what the improvement was from there. Deffinatly better and ABS did not engage for me on the track but I has Pirelli Supercorsa SC1's on the front,so it was going to break free.
Phase 2.0 is to fit better levers. All the breaking power is there but hard for me to access as the lever is so far out for my I cannot modulate the lever well.
My phase three is to fit my Brembo radial 16mm caliper and a direct braided line.
But in reality, the RC390 does not make so much velocity that you need to shut it down that far, or you loose too much important speed and momentum (at least on a big track).

What I need is a much larger wind screen. I'm only 5'9" and I cant remotely get tucked far enough. Even with the extra power of the RC390 I cannot match the top speed of my 300 Ninja. With the Ninja, I could get much further behind the screen and fairing.

Wow RC390 Thunderhill Aug 2015.jpg

William
Santa Cruz, Ca

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
I too had a Pirelli SC SC1 on the front. At no point did I have any front end slides, but our local track has a couple of hard breaking areas and this is where the ABS reared it's head. Had a couple of slides from the rear but nothing much to worry about. Not sure that a 150 tyre rear on the 4" rim is the way to go. The edge grip just wasn't quite there. The same tyre on a 4.5" rim on an NSR250 felt rock solid on the edge.
I actually thought that the brake feel wasn't too bad. Ok,not the best in the world, but certainly not the worse either. For track use only, throw away the ABS and go direct with the hoses. Definitely the way forward.