Forged wheels design.

Which design would suit small bikes like R3/Ninja 250/300/ RC/Duke 390/CBR250/300.

• 5 V/Y design

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 5 Spoke Design

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 6 spoke design

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 7/Multi spoke design

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Others, please post pics if possible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psych0hans

Country flag
Hi guys, as discussed before, I'm getting into the business of manufacturing forged wheels for lightweight motorcycles. I need your help to decide on the design I should go in for. Some of you guys feel I should stick with the stock 390 design, but since I'll only be making one design for all bikes, I would rather have a design everyone approves off. Here are the options : -

1) 5 V/Y design.
sources-front_w_cpl_x_duke_-24329.jpg

marchesini.jpg

carrozereria.jpg

f865e0d3-9bbb-464f-8275-1a972bd88c45_17silverB-360x360.jpg

2) 5 Spoke Design
ozwheels1.jpg

MarvicPentaRear.jpg

w-fg511-front-400x298.jpg

3) 6 Spoke Design
F29611726.jpg

hpwheelblack.jpg

4) 7/multi spoke design
pvm_10spoke_large.jpg

gold-assault-wheel-xlg.jpg

up7x-black.jpg

10055693_20081028192952.JPG

marchesini_genesi.jpg

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Are we talking a cast design? A machined wheel? Or a true forged wheel? Because there are very distinct differences in each which could dictate the finished design.

motoputz

Country flag
the 5 or 6 spoke designs will have the broadest market appeal. the simple 5 spoke Brembo wheels on my 05 Multistrada always get positive comments on their appearance when I take the wheels in for new tires.

psych0hans

Country flag
Are we talking a cast design? A machined wheel? Or a true forged wheel? Because there are very distinct differences in each which could dictate the finished design.
It's a true forge, as il buying the forged blanks from someone and then machining them. I believe that the 5-Spoke would have the best weight-strength ratio and this has been proven by FEA and stress analysis.

Andy

Country flag
A 5 or 6 spoke design like the Moto³ bikes would be nice.

A nice to have would be a design that could allow a twin disc set up too, it could be your option then, if you favour a single disc run it but you could if wanted have twin as the mounting points are already there.

psych0hans

Country flag
A 5 or 6 spoke design like the Moto³ bikes would be nice.

A nice to have would be a design that could allow a twin disc set up too, it could be your option then, if you favour a single disc run it but you could if wanted have twin as the mounting points are already there.

Thanks for your reply. A twin disc setup is definitely on the cards, It's a personal obsession of mine and I hope to see it as an option in my wheel designs. Looking up the moto3 designs right now.

Treachery

Country flag
5-7 spokes, light, strong, easy to maintain. I'm good with provision for OE single brakes only.

In arrrnge (orange) would be my pref.

psych0hans

Country flag
5 spoke design is the clear winner, On this forum AND on Ninjette.org. Will pursue this design and give updates whenever possible.