Fork Preload Adjusters

DCMoney

Country flag
preloadrc390a-917c6c63.jpg

Tyga Performance - Front Fork Preload Adjusters, Pair, KTM RC390 - What's New?

Looks like they are finally available, great price too, 2-3 day shipping for me was not that bad.

DCMoney

Country flag
How easy are they to install? Look brilliant, no doubt.

Not sure, I just noticed they had them on their site this morning, don't own them.

Judging by the pictures, should take a few minutes each side. take cap off, loosen locking nut remove old cap. Install new cap, tighten down locking nut. Going off memory but that should be about it.

SPG

Looking at the design, those should adjust front ride height by shortening or lengthening the overall length of the forks, they will not actually change the installed preload of the spring. Still faster than sliding the tube up and down in the triples, but won't change your sag numbers without taking the forks apart.
-Sean

psych0hans

Country flag
This is something I could very easily make myself, but like the rest said, it might not actually do anything for the preload... I'm on the verge of buying a set of duke forks to do my RC8 mod, till then I'll just install a new spring and heavier oil.

Treachery

Country flag
preloadrc390a-917c6c63.jpg

Tyga Performance - Front Fork Preload Adjusters, Pair, KTM RC390 - What's New?

Looks like they are finally available, great price too, 2-3 day shipping for me was not that bad.

Looking at the design, those should adjust front ride height by shortening or lengthening the overall length of the forks, they will not actually change the installed preload of the spring. Still faster than sliding the tube up and down in the triples, but won't change your sag numbers without taking the forks apart.
-Sean

^ what he said

Okay, I'll bite: Here's what it looks like to me: The big section of the threads replaces the OE fork caps. So long as the top of the spring is smaller than the flat of the new "cap," and the inner part (the black ring outside of the silver center) catches the spring, how is it not preload? I'm not doubting, I just don't see how it's ride height.

Ryanthegreat1

Because the forks on the RC are not the typical upside down fork. The spring is not in the upper half of the fork and does not act on the cap on top.

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Dear All,

It appears that we have given misleading info regarding the KTM RC390 fork adjusters.

The actual true application has been pointed out by a couple of forum members here, and I can confirm that this is in fact the case. The adjusters will simply change the total length of the forks, while having no effect on the actual preload, which is nonadjustable by design, and therefore no effect on the sag.

As it is, they are purely “Ride Height Adjusters”, which in their own right are quite useful.

We apologise for the misinformation.

Matt.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I still want a set because they look cool ! And they do serve a nice purpose for more easily experimenting with ride height without having to mess with moving forks in the triples...