Forum discounts?

slashfive

Country flag
Just picked up a ‘15 and outfitting for the track. Any forum discounts or holiday specials coming up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Howdy slashfive! You are already getting the forum discount, of a sorts! :) I suppose that I do things a little differently than most. Basically, I offer the best prices I always can and don't use many of the marketing ploys like "free shipping" which is shorthand for "we charged you more than we had to for your parts so you can pay for the shipping without us being upfront about it." I will occasionally get a "scratch and dent" part which I'll send to one of my sponsored racers, but basically my business philosophy is to give everyone the best price I can at all times, even if they are only buying one part.

I also only charge actual shipping costs. Many forum members will be able to attest to my refunding shipping amounts when I am able to ship cheaper than the website quotes. The website doesn't always do a great job at the nesting algorithm when there are a LOT of parts purchased. I have some special cases in the shipping calculator where for common parts I know what size box it goes in and how much it weighs, where I have an override for the algorithm. Things like belly pan + race upper and screen + a race tail + rearsets. I know what size box that goes in, so if a combination of those SKUs are ordered the shipping calculator will override the boxes dimensions and weight for the purpose of a shipping quote from UPS. Over the years I've been able to refine the shipping code to get very accurate shipping quotes, as any time I come across something where the code came up with a wacky answer I'll dig in and figure out why and if needed, add an exception to the calculations. You can also always send me a message and ask about a specific part, but basically it's to the point that the site has gotten very accurate with shipping.