Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I'm pleased to announce a new product for the Formula390 lineup. This is a frame mounted RAM mount setup. The frame mount utilizes our frame clamp setup from the steering damper, but instead uses a different pin which accepts a RAM Ball. This allows you to mount whatever devices you want, to a secure and rigid location which remains locked in place while riding. You can then mount to this RAM Ball whatever devices you want, be it a lap timer, phone, GPS, or GoPro. The GoPro camera setup is the one we feel most will be interested in, as this allows you to have the camera situated such that it remains fixed in place and still allows for a full tuck while riding. Also, you can position the camera such that you can see all inputs to steering, clutch, brake, and throttle, as well as a full view of the whole cockpit including the instrument panel, as well as the view through the windscreen which then doesn't pivot and point the "wrong way" during steering inputs in the turns due to counter steering. These kits are in stock now and ready to ship!

Additionally, the pin is fabricated with a flat to allow easy tightening with a spaner, as well as allow clearance such as to allow the removal of the battery box lid without having to first remove the kit!

Kit comes with the two frame mount pices, mounting bolts, mounting pin, and a genuine RAM Ball. The kit comes with either a 1" or 1.5" ball, your choice.
Ram_Mount-1.jpg

The kit is available on the Formula390 website at:
Formula390 - Parts

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Wow this is really cool. I look forward to seeing the videos people are going to shoot with this mount. Most times I see people doing double sticky tape to get the mounts on their bikes, but this would be a huge step up from something like the tape method.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Here's a lap around Chuckwalla with Ari Henning using the Formula390 Frame RAM Mount, on a GoPro... as an example of what you can capture and see with the Formula390 mount.

[video=youtube;jZs-xcw_YEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZs-xcw_YEU[/video]

Check out that rock solid stability of the camera, and more importantly, not having the camera pointing the "wrong way" from counter steering going into the turns or being jittery from steering input... :)

Last edited:

reenmachine

Country flag
I just watched that video from another thread and was dying to know how the camera was mounted. That's perfect.