Front bike stand question

waveriders

I would like to get a front stand for the RC. I currently have a Pit Bull for my R6, but it doesn't work on the RC. The two spindles on the stand are too wide, and given that the front forks are smaller than the bigger bikes, the spindles end up resting on the front caliper, which isn't good. Is anyone currently using a front stand? Do the stands that lift the under the triple trees work given that the nose of the bike sticks out pretty far?

thanks

DCMoney

Country flag
I've used both, a bottom fork lift and a a triple tree lift, using pin #20 which is for the 250 and I just bought a #17 which Pit Bull says is the correct pin for the 390.

As far as the nose sticking out, I've had no issues with it.

I'm using a standard PB fork lift for mine (gets a bit on the caliper mount - no big deal). I've also used my PB head lift from our SV650 for front end work. I've ordered a 390 pin for my extra pit bull fork convertor.

DCMoney

Country flag
If you get a front pin make sure its a #17 and not a #17T, I ordered a 17 and got a 17T and it works but you have to either lift up on the front end or smash the shit out of your fender... A #17 is on its way though.

DCMoney

Country flag
If you get a front pin make sure its a #17 and not a #17T, I ordered a 17 and got a 17T and it works but you have to either lift up on the front end or smash the shit out of your fender... A #17 is on its way though.

Quoting my own post...

I got my replacement #17 and pit bull sent me another #17T.... Instead of dealing with them I took some measurements off my other pins drilled a new hole location chucked it into the lathe and made a #17 out of a 17T...

Works perfect.

Hopefully others that order a 17 will actually get a 17.

=maz=

Country flag
Just to be sure...is the plug in the lower clamp just a pop in plug is it?

I had a look the other night, just ensuring my head-lift will work so I can run tyre warmers, and noticed there is no hole for a pin.

DCMoney

Country flag
Just to be sure...is the plug in the lower clamp just a pop in plug is it?

I had a look the other night, just ensuring my head-lift will work so I can run tyre warmers, and noticed there is no hole for a pin.

Its a pop in plug.