Front Fairing Stay

Caught this front fairing stay from Rottweiler Performance the other day. It's not available for purchase yet but is a must for any race build. Looks like they will be asking around $200 which isn't bad considering the reduced weight and craftsmanship.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Austin

green_bread

Country flag
I definitely want one but I also want to see how well they hold up in a crash. It looks like they are braced pretty decently, though.

streetfighter

Caught this front fairing stay from Rottweiler Performance the other day. It's not available for purchase yet but is a must for any race build. Looks like they will be asking around $200 which isn't bad considering the reduced weight and craftsmanship.

Austin

how much weight does this stay reduce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thetonious

Yeah, I would guess they are counting the weight for everything in the assembly...not just the stay that is being replaced.

streetfighter

a cup bike doesn't have headlight assembly anyway... carbon fibre front fairing perhaps? i will wait and see what they say when it is released for purchased. i am interested to get my cup bike's weight down as much as possible within the rule book.

Muckabucka

Country flag
The one I made only weighed half a pound. I like this one though as it's a little beefier and much nicer looking.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Check out my build thread for weight loss ideas. I know my bike isn't cup legal, but I did get it down to 283 lbs. Every little thing adds up.
a cup bike doesn't have headlight assembly anyway... carbon fibre front fairing perhaps? i will wait and see what they say when it is released for purchased. i am interested to get my cup bike's weight down as much as possible within the rule book.

green_bread

Country flag
Is there any more info about this piece or availability? I tried calling Rottweiler Performance last week and nobody answered. I left them a message indicating I was interested in the RC 390 fairing stay and possibly would like several of them for other racers... havent heard anything out of them.

Muckabucka

Country flag
I'll make one for you Adam. Is steel and lead OK?
Is there any more info about this piece or availability? I tried calling Rottweiler Performance last week and nobody answered. I left them a message indicating I was interested in the RC 390 fairing stay and possibly would like several of them for other racers... havent heard anything out of them.

green_bread

Country flag
I'll make one for you Adam. Is steel and lead OK?

Id prefer aluminum... haha! Ive already put on enough weight over the winter, myself... dont need to add weight back to the bike, too! :D (Im TIRED of finishing second.. haha!)

In all seriousness, Im not sure if Mike still has your jig, or not. I kept trying to work out a time to get up there and build one like yours but it never worked out. Id still consider doing that if this one isnt going to be available on time. I just thought this piece looked REALLY nice and like it would hold up pretty well in the event of a crash.